Stone Roses: 20th Anniversary

In fairness this is an essential part of dealing with living in Ireland.

too many middle aged fanboys on this thread

The protein…Ohhh the protein has me wrrrrecked

And not enough hot buttered surf types!

+1

stock up on the surf gear in Thailand mate

Some observations

This gig was fucking brilliant.

The phoenix park is shit for a gig so you’ve got to be up very close.

Lads giving out about bar queues and general facilities can fuck off. Get yourself pre-tanked, turn up, dance like fuck, intimidate anyone who looks like they might ring liveline, Walk for hours for transport/kebab, get in the scratcher covered in mud.

Stone Roses have some of the best stadium tunes I’ve ever heard.

+1. Juhniallo knows the score.

Juhniallo has said everything I would have said really, just a few additions.

The last 4 or 5 tracks were fucking amazing, an absolute brilliant ending to any gig you’ll find.

The starting song of Adored and the Finish of Resurrection, are there two better songs to bookend a gig?

Mani’s eyes were just fucking mental anytime they flashed to him the on the big screen.

Quite a lot of lads off their heads on drugs, quite a lot of assholes, nothing I didnt expect so much like Brown’s low point of Don’t Stop I didnt let it bother me all that much. We were in a decent area off centre near the front and had a decent’ish crowd around us and we had a fucking ball.

If you ask me you’re an imbecile!

If you ask me you’re an imbecile!

Basically what happened last night is that a bunch if people who are used to going to U2, Snow Patrol, Florence and the Machine and other assorted wuss/nerd bands found themselves at a gig with a bunch of people who are used to going to hard and punk rock gigs and surprise surprise they didn’t quite hit it off.

The carry on last night was no worse than the Metallica/Mastodon gig in Marlay Park in 09. It was just that the nicer elements of society like Thraw and WTB aren’t normally exposed to this kInd of behaviour.

Personally I think lockes moan about some lad kicking over a pint of his he’d left on the ground unguarded was the biggest pussy moan here so far but I agree with the gist of your post fagan.

I had three cans nicked off me in the square in Poznan the night before the Ireland v Italy game. I left my spot for 20 seconds to talk briefly to somebody else and when I came back they were gone. So there Locke. Where’s my NAMA?

Ian brown spat on a friend of mine from the stage once he said it was the greatest gig he was ever at

Sent from my GT-S5369 using TFK App

I was at El Paso hardcore legends At The Drive-In’s show in the Temple Bar Music Centre in 2000, Fagan. I know how to “rock out”, as it were. What I was giving out about was lads unable to hold their drink (despicable and unmanly) and eejits shouting rubbish to each other and taking photos instead of listening to the band. I like everyone to be off their heads on drugs and drink but fucking hold it together or don’t do it, is my opinion.

Alan Partridge-esque.

Speaking of which, is the open books episode being repeated on sky at any stage?

Sky Atlantic at a quarter to one tonight

I presume it was meant to display a level of coolness or some shit like that. I was impressed anyway. Greatly impressed.

That’s rather frustrating. Don’t have Sky Atlantic on UPC.