Stone Roses: 20th Anniversary

A pop pop pop blow blow bubblegum you taste of cherryade…

Anybody heading to Manchester for the gigs?

Dont get me wrong I like the album. 4/5 songs that I like on any album is a good return. But it doesn’t mean that they are rocks second coming. 4/5 good songs a bit of attitude and good artwork and that’s about it as far as I’m concerned.

Sally Cinnamon is fucking awesome and I won’t be told otherwise, as is pretty much everything they produced until Second Coming*. The only track on The Stone Roses that I don’t actually love is the one after Waterfall, which I think is Waterfall played backwards. Other than that, tracks like Elephant Stone, Going Down, Mersey Paradise, Standing Here are all fucking class.

• I also happen to think Second Coming is alright, though not in the same league.

Thats what you get for shopping at tesco’s.

You don’t like much, so i think it proves it was an outstanding album.

Missed the part where someone said they are rocks 2nd coming.

I think the first album is very impressive particularly when you see the eulogising that goes on about Definitely Maybe.

I take Fagan’s point though about the album not breaking new ground. It sounds very like the Byrds but with more attitude.

The Stones Roses are back and Noel Gallagher is about to take over charts. Its the fuckin 90’s again, 'ave it :guns::clap: :pint:

I hope Aziz will be a part of the reunion he was the Stone Roses

It won’t be the same without Aziz rattling out his moves on stage. I’ll certainly be trying to get a ticket for manchester tomorrow morning anyway.

I think there has been a glaring omission from this reunion, where the fook is Cressa??? :lol:

The Roses answer to Bez. :clap:

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 355851”]

Missed the part where someone said they are rocks 2nd coming.
[/quote]You did alright. Badly.

They called their second album the Second Coming.

:lol:

Good to see but it’s not exactly Oasis reforming, is it?

:rolleyes:

I saw Aziz play a gig to about 20 people in a castle in Sligo a few years back- excellent stuff
Very sound man, shared a good few pints/drinks/shorts with him and his buddy later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR4Ijgd401M

Lets keep it that way Sid, no point in them spoiling the limited amount of good memories we have of them.

Am i the only one who has never heard of these fellas?

I’m happy enough for the greatest band ever to keep it that way for the moment. It helps that this year we’ve had both a tremendously enjoyable Beady Eye and now an excellent one from the maestro. And another one next year.

Probably. But it’s to be expected.

:lol: