Suicide

Who are we talking about here ?

Who is the other famous fella talking about depression and anything that floats his Boat?

Fucks sake the countryā€™s full a them

1 Like

What message did the lad deliver?

Depression pays

3 Likes

Edited for idiots. Cc @Massey

1 Like

Why donā€™t you just say it. He wears a plastic bag on his head for fuck sake

2 Likes

You know where I work mate, some serious hardship there, it was brilliant that somebody of note would come and speak to them on such a relevant topic

The usual guff @anon78624367, itā€™s ok not to be ok, who should you speak to, bullying and some anecdotes about his own difficult times, they listened, they wonā€™t forget it in a hurry,

We also paid for a pair from an online safety consultancy who visit lots of schools, no fault of theirs I suppose but nobody paid much attention, they were paid a lot more than 500e,

1 Like

ā‚¬500 for a lad to speak on a topic who has no qualifications whatsoever - would you let a lad service your car for ā‚¬500 because he changed a flat tyre once? Maybe so, fools and their money. Personally I think itā€™s all type of wrong.

Iā€™d like to know does Bressie actively tout for business in this area, specifically schools. Does he or a representative approach schools touting his wares or does he only talk in schools when they approach him, all for the princely sum of half a grandā€¦?

Charging hard pressed schools for talks when you are trying to virtue signal to all and sundry is vile, in my opinion. As bad as some of those Cork hurlers in 2004/2005 asking for dough to present medals.

3 Likes

A talk by a celeb on mental health is paying lip service to the issue.

Take their phones off them and watch their mental health improve dramatically.

Quick fix. Talk by Bessie. Job is done. Mental health box ticked.

2 Likes

Therein lies the problem. Heā€™s a spoofer. An absolute Grade A spoofer.

Heā€™s a failed singer, a failed GAA player, and a failed Rugby Player. Heā€™s talented obviously but referring to him as a professional sportsman and a songwriter is nonsense.

I rarely disagree with you but I have to here. Heā€™s taking 1000e off a school to spoof for an hour or so. Fair enough that kids might look up to him but heā€™s driving a purely personal agenda with no qualifications on anything in this field to back it up. He positions himself as an expert on the topic which is sickening to me. If he was doing it for free then at least youā€™d see some good in it. The fact that kids are potentially taking the advice of this spoofer is what worries me the most.

7 Likes

Bressie is a fucking scumbag, end of.

Profiting out of anxiety/depression etc is low carry on.

Wasnt he on an RTE show seeking talent - the lead ā€œrapperā€ gets a hefty jail sentence swiftly after.

Bressie is a fucking joke and a cunt.

4 Likes

I did not hear talk myself but kids snd staff that did were impressed. Our place can well afford the cost.

The fee has doubled in the past hour

1 Like

In my school we were so broke we couldnā€™t afford tin whistles for everyone in the class so I was given a ruler with dots drawn on where the holes are meant to be to use instead.

13 Likes

What school was that?

In fairness, when someone tells lies with a lot of confidence then it usually sounds impressive.

@Tassotti

A ruler.

La-dee-da

3 Likes

Youā€™ve obviously achieved a lot in your life to refer to a chap who has had a number one album and represented his county at football and his province as a professional rugby player as a failure at sports and music

1 Like