Suicide

Iā€™d say itā€™s a relatively new account. By her tweets it looks like he got away from Tallaght hospital where he was under care.

Itā€™s never easy for Sinead. RIP

1 Like

Scrolled her Twitter feed, I have sympathy for the boy.
Sinead quick to blame others yet seems to spend her days watching CNN and re-posting off colour attempts at humour of a sexual nature

Itā€™s worse again for those poor kids

RIP, very sad.

Sheā€™s gone on a rant on twitter about never forgiving the Irish State for what has happened :man_shrugging:

Sure itā€™s easier blame the state than herself. Was the father in the picture? Tragic that the chap was even in state care if that was the case. A bit different to the usual type of young person that ends up in care. As regards Tallaght hospital thereā€™s an outside part to the psych ward that has a wall that leads to people absconding a lot of the time. They just jump it. Youā€™d think theyā€™d sort it out.

OK guys, be nice

8 Likes

Thatā€™s just a horrible post. You are better than that.

4 Likes

17 is no age to end your life. An awful tragedy

2 Likes

I donā€™t think it was a psych ward so might have been easier to get out of. Especially if the poor lad was used to getting out of places.

Hard in general judgement of psych staff where the person was allowed out as it must be good to have discretion to let people out for a walk. Easier to lock them down altogether like prison to avoid blame. Then the patient suffers.

1 Like

Heart on hand here
Without the likes of Pieta house there would be many many more families grieving for young ppl who ended their lives
No easy answer ref state care , society brings pressure on the kids now ,
Parenting atm is a bloody hard responsible job,
No courses to make you a better parent, weā€™d our mothers and grandparents to pass on knowledge etc thatā€™s gone now for the most.
For troubled teens the state canā€™t cope -
Not enough staff on the ground, and a system thatā€™s broken,
Social workers burnt out, and lots of them switched off

20 Likes

Great post.

A person in mental distress not having access to appropriate help and support when required is utterly disgraceful.

And nothing seems to have been done for years now. Charities are asked to pick up the slack.

5 Likes

You got that right farmer charities such as Pieta pick up the slack
I know ppl give out about their executive wageā€™s and such but to be totally honest my now happy functioning bright caring young man might not be here without the likes of Pieta
If the state canā€™t/ wonā€™t sort it then voluntary bodies or professional like Pieta has to
My kid went from a wreck to a smiling boy within a few months
Both him and us learned coping skills from the kindest Kerry woman in Gods earth who counselled all of us
Yes like everyone he has bad days but prior to Pietas intervention heā€™d go into himself
Now heā€™s confident to discuss any hassle and can be a cheeky bastard at timesā€‹:blush::blush::clap:

FYI and all parents here my guy had a plan to top himself and on a scale of probability Edwina his Pieta counsellor had him bat 9 out of 10 to do it
Be careful ( daddies especially) listen to the kids , I didnā€™t listen enough etc, typical dad

On a sobering note most of the other children I saw whilst waiting at Pieta cane from seemingly privelaged backgrounds so ppl look after them
Iā€™ve a little pamphlet from my church which showed me personally what an honour and privilege and a duty of care we have when custodians of kids
Photo to follow

38 Likes

4 Likes

Point well made regarding listening to your kids.
Parents in this day and age are too busy caught up in their own lives mostly without even realising it.
One thing Iā€™ve learned from being a parent and What i truly believe is that kids need boundaries and rules to feel secure even though they push them rules to to limit, itā€™s all part of growing up and a learning process. You need to find that balance of firm but fair

2 Likes

Correct ref boundaries- easier for them to cope later on in real life
And deep down they like it
All about routine- kids need to know that breakfast is waiting at a certain time,school work and chores are the normal
And love :heart: is always present even when mam and dad are giving out

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a heartwarming story and Iā€™m delighted he got the help he needed. But that doesnā€™t put their execs beyond question when theyā€™re hoovering up huge money while those providing actual help to people who need it are treated like shit.

2 Likes

My kid needs help got it- no pressure ref donating- obviously I did -if it saves one life Iā€™ve no problem ref executive wages tbh - not great but what can one do?

1 Like

One of my sons qualified in social care. His first placement was in Drug Therapy in Moyross. You can imagine how that worked out.

The second placement he was offered was caring for a troubled teenager girl in state care. I donā€™t know why she wasnā€™t institutionalised, so canā€™t comment on that, but the basic details of the job was basically minding this girl 24/7.

She lived on her own in a state paid semi detached. Two carers stayed with her most of the day and one at night. Can you just imagine the costs involved here?

Iā€™m glad he never took the job as I couldnā€™t see it working out for any number of reasons. He no longer works in social care.

I hope nobody takes offence with this post. Itā€™s not meant to offend.

9 Likes