Suicide

As I reach (and probably past) the twilight of my own playing career Iā€™ve to do a lot more stretching and exercise at home. My girl, since sheā€™s been barely able to walk has been trying to copy me doing the various exercises and would often be doing them on her own. It really is Monkey see, Monkey do. People just donā€™t grasp that.

4 Likes

What you can do in a shop with just two euro now is scary - Pack of cookies and a bottle of pop ā€¦

You canā€™t blame the child for being a child - when you managed to get your auld fella to part with 50p growing up you were like a bullet up to the shop - wham bars, refreshers, fizzy cola lollipops ā€¦

Packed lunches and a couple of bob on the weekend only.

1 Like

Snap, Sunday afternoon, into the shop, blow the pocket money on fizzle sticks and cadet, youā€™ve kids now walking around with 500ml cans of this Monster shit and ordering 8euro ice creams at the counter of Murphys, then spending their lives stuck in a fucking phone or tablet, itā€™s fucked I tell ya.

One of my lads this summer is out of the house every day by 2pm, back at 9-10pm. Down to the soccer pitch every day with his mates having kick arounds, mini games and no doubt generally talking shite. Delighted to see it.

6 Likes

They are smoking and drinking cans

17 Likes

Why so late out of the house?

Shur at least theyā€™re outside though.

Thats the way it should be.

Was talking to a well known ballincollig local here who was away for a number of years. He could not get over how many less kids there is around the place and he also noted nobody cycles anywhere anymore.

It makes no sense that a place with a population doubled in 20 years should have less kids on the street

The @Brimmer_Bradley style of parenting.

He only gets up at 12 :slight_smile: teenager.

Depends on the age but if theyā€™re anything over 12 I would say 9/10pm in the summer is grand. Or whenever it starts getting dark

2 Likes

He would be the bully.

1 Like

Greatest gift you can give a child is time.

5 Likes

Heā€™s talking about why he doesnā€™t get out of the house until 2.
But itā€™s obviously because he has a raging hangover.

1 Like

Close enough to home and still bright.

Iā€™d say its just the nature of the world we live in nowadays. I used to cycle everywhere too when younger, not sure Iā€™d be happy letting my kids cycle on the roads around our way now though. I wouldnt even chance it much myself to be honest. I dont know where drivers better back then, but even whilst driving there are so many fucking idiots now speeding around, maybe itā€™s better cars or people thinking they need to get to the shop to buy their pint of milk quickly. And then you also have the fear factor of abductions and paedos for some parents, mostly in towns Iā€™d imagine. Not something rurally that would cause people a second thought, but probably more prevalent in towns. Scaremongering and social media shite contributes a lot to that.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the job.

Followed closely by a fine inheritance. At least Fintan will have the second.

2 Likes

He wouldnā€™t be into that. Kid wouldnā€™t even touch a fizzy drink. His body is a temple.

Ya. No evidence to support abductions or child violence is any worse than ever. Like you say its just more awareness of it and documentaires on this and that scares people.

Iā€™m talking about a tiwn specifically. But i agree with you rurally. Its a fucking joke the way people drive now. Especially the women in SUVā€™s from urban backgrounds. Essentially in cars too big for them and driving in the middle of the road Ć fraid to get bushes rubbing off the car. Wankers.

3 Likes