Summer Transfer Window 2013

Only bits and pieces. He looks talented and would certainly sweeten a deal for Leverkusen and their fans as long as they got cash too.

Super Phil Neville will be available come the end of the season. He’s been at Everton 8 years now apparently.

wont be to many to see him off.great servant to the club over the years but past it for the last 3…great man for pointing!!!

Fulham have signed Fernando Amorebieta from Bilbao on a Bosman.

Dortmund are being heavily linked with Kevin De Bruyne today as well

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 759974, member: 1137”]Fulham have signed Fernando Amorebieta from Bilbao on a Bosman.

Dortmund are being heavily linked with Kevin De Bruyne today as well[/quote]
Good signing for Fulham though he can be a bit erratic. He was hopeless in the Europa League final that time. Big loss for Athletic.

Yeah saw those Dortmund stories and there seems to be truth to them. They’ve bid the same amount they got Reus for. A few BL clubs have been interested in loaning him but that’s a big cash offer from Dortmund.

Haven’t been following Bilbao as closely this year but I think he has been frozen out by Bielsa this season. Presume it was due to him not signing a new deal

Pinch of salt and all that …

[SIZE=6]Done Deal: Liverpool Agree £12.4m Fee With Ajax For Transfer of Christian Eriksen[/SIZE]

by Christian BaileyApril 16th, 2013
Comments

Reds agree deal to bring Danish playmaker to Anfield next season.
Liverpool have agreed a fee with Ajax for the summer transfer of Denmark international Christian Eriksen, CaughtOffside understands.
It is believed that the Reds will pay Ajax in the region of £12.4m for the young playmaker, who has refused to sign a new contract at the Amsterdam Arena and has reportedly set his sights on a move to the Premier League.
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers believes the 21-year-old Denmark international could be the missing link, as the Northern Irishman looks to assemble a team capable of challenging for a spot in the Premier League top four once again.
Ajax technical director Marc Overmars admitted last month that Liverpool have consistently scouted Eriksen, who could now link-up with former teammate Luis Suarez at Anfield.
“We have the list of scouts of foreign clubs who have been here recently and Liverpool have been a regular visitor,” Overmars told the Daily Mail.
Despite his tender years, Eriksen has already racked up 34 caps for his country and made over 100 league appearances for Ajax, scoring 22 times.
The young playmaker, who can play in the hole or even as a central striker, has netted ten goals in 42 appearances for the Amsterdam club this season.
Tottenham, Barcelona and Manchester United have all been credited with an interest in the pass-master, who is now surely set for Anfield.
Liverpool are yet to agree personal terms with Eriksen, however.

Hmmm.

Pinch of salt indeed.

Lack of Champions League and all that.

Rocko, what is the story with Mario Gomez? Is he now behind Pizarro as well as Mandzukic and how likely is he to leave this summer with Bayern heavily linked with Suarez and Falcao? Juve and Inter being linked with him. I think he would be a great signing for Inter, Juve not so much given they already have a big strapping centre forward coming in this summer, albeit different players in their style but Juventus need a different type of striker. What would Bayern be looking for him. I think €20m would be fair given the circumstances.

He’s got a hat-trick tonight.

He’s not seen as a great worker and when Kroos drops out of the team with Mueller going in then he falls further down the rankings, hence Pizarro playing ahead of him. That’s more a reflection on Robben than Mueller but basically Robben, Ribery, Mueller and Gomez is probably a little work-shy whereas Mandzukic will offer lots there.

Obviously it’s hard to know with Guardiola coming in but it does look like Bayern would be happy enough to sell and I think your fee mentioned would be reasonable enough.

[quote=“Rocko, post: 760531, member: 1”]He’s not seen as a great worker and when Kroos drops out of the team with Mueller going in then he falls further down the rankings, hence Pizarro playing ahead of him. That’s more a reflection on Robben than Mueller but basically Robben, Ribery, Mueller and Gomez is probably a little work-shy whereas Mandzukic will offer lots there.

Obviously it’s hard to know with Guardiola coming in but it does look like Bayern would be happy enough to sell and I think your fee mentioned would be reasonable enough.[/quote]

I despise Mandzukic, his disgraceful approach to the role of striker has actually made me consider backing Barcelona in the CL semi-final. Gomez would be a good addition to Serie A, I hope to see him here.

According to twitter he came on as a sub and in his first 6 touches he had three shots on goal and 3 goals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkcJEvMcnEg

Who is in charge of the transfer strategy at City? It seems there priority is signing a big name striker like Cavani/Falcao/Jovetic this summer which is ridiculous, they have one of the strongest attacks in Europe, they had to get rid of Balotelli because he was suffering from the lack of continuity. They have the best defence in the league as well, it’s the middle of the pitch where they are atrocious, dross like Barry, Milner, Rodwell and Garcia are very limited players and Toure is a flat track bully, Nasri is really inconsistent and Silva is vastly overrated. Their whole transfer strategy this summer should be aimed at revamping their midfield - they have wasted an abhorrent amount of money, the same goes to Chelsea.

In contrast I look at PSG and how well Leonardo has spent his money, the team look very balanced and strong and have brought in some really top class young talents like Verratti and Lucas in conjuction with the world’s best players in their respective postions - Thiago Silva and Ibra. The only high cost transfers outside of that four have been Pastore and Lavezzi. The rest have been shrewd purchases got at very reasonable prices - Motta, Sirigu, Maxwell, Alex and Menez were all bought for under €10m.

Just shows you how brainless EPL clubs are.

[quote=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 761927, member: 1052”]Who is in charge of the transfer strategy at City? It seems there priority is signing a big name striker like Cavani/Falcao/Jovetic this summer which is ridiculous, they have one of the strongest attacks in Europe, they had to get rid of Balotelli because he was suffering from the lack of continuity. They have the best defence in the league as well, it’s the middle of the pitch where they are atrocious, dross like Barry, Milner, Rodwell and Garcia are very limited players and Toure is a flat track bully, Nasri is really inconsistent and Silva is vastly overrated. Their whole transfer strategy this summer should be aimed at revamping their midfield - they have wasted an abhorrent amount of money, the same goes to Chelsea.

In contrast I look at PSG and how well Leonardo has spent his money, the team look very balanced and strong and have brought in some really top class young talents like Verratti and Lucas in conjuction with the world’s best players in their respective postions - Thiago Silva and Ibra. The only high cost transfers outside of that four have been Pastore and Lavezzi. The rest have been shrewd purchases got at very reasonable prices - Motta, Sirigu, Maxwell, Alex and Menez were all bought for under €10m.

Just shows you how brainless EPL clubs are.[/quote]
They’ve bought 4 strikers for big money and pissed them all off by not having a coherent strategy or selection policy. They are taking a really long time to build a properly competitive European Team despite the cash spent. Rodwell FFS.

Where is Benat off to this season? He is one of the few Spanish midfielders I really rate.

Linked with lots of clubs, nothing confirmed.

He will be off though, won’t he? A year left to run on his contract and he’s not renewing?

Jim Spence of BBC Scotland has revealed that Catania have had a series of bids for Johnny Russell rejected by Dundee United.