Summer Transfer Window 2013

Bild are reporting that Bayern Munich have activated Gotze’s €37m release clause and he’s agreed to sign for them in the summer.

Just after seeing this now.

Bild is of course a rag of a newspaper but their sports stories can be reasonably reliable. The timing of this news is intriguing to say the least. Just can’t see it being true - it would be devastating for Dortmund.

His Wikipedia page already says he plays for Bayern Munich.

I didn’t know he was a Bavarian.

That’d make sense. You quoted the post in which I mentioned it.

Dortmund will be confirming this news today apparently. If they lose Lewandowski and Goetze to Bayern it will be a huge blow for them. It’s not even like Bayern need him urgently with Mueller, Robben and Ribery and Shaqiri waiting in the wings. Though Goetze is a wonderful footballer and will go straight into that team.

Confirmed

It’s an extraordinary transfer.

Ulie Hoeness gets all the publicity at Bayern but I presume this deal owes a lot to Sammer’s move south in the summer. Goetze was heavily targeted by Bayern last summer but he resisted. It’s not a prohibitive buy-out clause so Dortmund were always risking losing him.

And so it begins, the dismantling of Dortmund. Expect Hummels, Lewandowski and Reus to follow soon enough.

This is one of the main reasons why soccer has become so boring. It’s a closed shop. Any team outside the perceived big guns in each league or any team that goes on a run in Europe will inevitably get plundered and gutted by those with the spons.

It really is a shit business.

[quote=“Piles Hussain, post: 763234, member: 363”]And so it begins, the dismantling of Dortmund. Expect Hummels, Lewandowski and Reus to follow soon enough.

This is one of the main reasons why soccer has become so boring. It’s a closed shop. Any team outside the perceived big guns in each league or any team that goes on a run in Europe will inevitably get plundered and gutted by those with the spons.

It really is a shit business.[/quote]
It’s certainly frustrating alright. But Dortmund have Reus and the other Polish lads and Hummels tied into decent long term contracts so they shouldn’t be broken up easily. But Goetze was their star and he’s the best young player in Germany as far as I’m concerned.

Bayern, to their credit have done well to break into the EPL/La Liga transfer market dominance that even the big Italian clubs have found impossible to do. But unless you get taken over by a billionaire and go ridiculously over the top in your spending, the best you can get aspire to is that second tier of clubs who will always ultimately be forced to sell their best players.

Kagawa at United is an example of a guy who left Dortmund, hasn’t done badly in England but he’s hardly a star. Wouldn’t he have been much better off staying with Dortmund, as Sahin before him should have done?

Reports from France and Italy that PSG have activated Cavani’s €63m release clause and he’ll join them from Napoli in the summer.

Would that suggest Zlatan is off?

Probably-it’s nearly 12 months since the whore got another signing on fee for himself.

Dortmund not happy with timing of announcement and you can’t blame them. FC Hollywood displaying more breathtaking arrogance announcing this on eve of Dortmund’s biggest game in 15 years. Cunts.

Bayern are a detestable club in everything they do. I’m so glad to be a giallorossi - where money is not our king but the greatest footballing talent to grace the game is.

Cavani to PSG and Ibra to Juve? I think that would be a good move for all parties concerned. In recent months I have came to the opinion that Cavani is a better striker than Falcao, he has really won me over this season. Ibra could be the missing piece in the jigsaw for Juve.

[quote=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 763517, member: 1052”]Bayern are a detestable club in everything they do. I’m so glad to be a giallorossi - where money is not our king but the greatest footballing talent to grace the game is.

Cavani to PSG and Ibra to Juve? I think that would be a good move for all parties concerned. In recent months I have came to the opinion that Cavani is a better striker than Falcao, he has really won me over this season. Ibra could be the missing piece in the jigsaw for Juve.[/quote]
There was talk that Zlatan wanted to return to AC, whether they can get him is another factor. Not sure his relationship with Juve ended very well?

Milan are well stocked in the striker department and the reason he left was there was no way they could sustain his salary. Juve are the only club in Italy who could afford him and they are crying out for an elite attacker, he wants to come back to Italy and there is no striker better than him.

Milan have cleared a lot of big earners from their wages since Zlatan first left. Get rid of Robinho and it could get interesting again there for him. But I do understand you point, well all bar the last line. However I was under the impression from somewhere that things were not good between him and Juve when he left.

He forced through the move at Juve in somewhat unprofessional behaviour Juventus need a player like him so badly right now and Conte has publicly stated his glowing admiration for him.

Lineker hosting on Al Jazeera has just said that Jupp Heynckes agent has said that the deal is done.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/heynckes-agent-bayern-munich-lewandowski-171700685–sow.html