Summer Transfer Window 2014

get the ball on the right and pass it backwards, run forward. Rinse and repeat.

What part of Brazil were in you in mate?

The jungelly part

Ener Valencia has joined West Ham

Keylor Navas has joined Real Madrid

Don’t know if this has been posted elsewhere but Arsenal have agreed a fee for Sami Khedira according to reports in Spain.

Two proper signings for them so far this summer, which makes a change.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 984460, member: 24”]Don’t know if this has been posted elsewhere but Arsenal have agreed a fee for Sami Khedira according to reports in Spain.

Two proper signings for them so far this summer, which makes a change.[/QUOTE]

What’s going on with us, pal? I haven’t been paying much attention with hurling season in full swing- Every team around us seems to be tooling up big time, while we have lost the greatest player on the planet. I don’t know much about Markovic, but he seems to be very, very highly rated by the hipster brigade. Still need an Attacker/ Defensive Mid/ Full back… Buying potential is great, but football is about the here and now- the club have to solidify CL football again if they want to push on.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 984460, member: 24”]Don’t know if this has been posted elsewhere but Arsenal have agreed a fee for Sami Khedira according to reports in Spain.

Has he agreed personal terms though?

Pool are close to buying the sevilla full back i think. Talks of Reus as well.

two cracking signings if it goes through…

Left back seems to be the next talked about area. Apparently Ayre flew to Seville in the last few days and I would doubt that was to finalise Aspas’ loan. Interest in Moreno seems to have rekindled although the Telegraph are reporting that a 8m bid for Ben Davies has been turned down by Swansea.

Lovren seems to want to join but Southampton playing hard ball. You would imagine that will go through but with Liverpool’s record in transfers recently you wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t.

Bony is been linked as well. For me, and it sounds bleedin’ obvious, the most critical area is the replacement of Suarez, if such a thing can happen. This guy scored 30+ goals last season and now he is gone. That is a massive, massive loss. Instead of pricking about with the likes of Bony (not a bad player but at a certain level), we need to set our sights higher if we want to sustain our position in the top 4. Otherwise we will fall away. There have been rumours of a bid for Marco Reus which I would be ecstatic about but I very much doubt will happen.

Well my post says what it says so I guess no he hasn’t.

Read somewhere he is holding out over the money.

FFS. A bid for a player and you’d be ecstatic.

Less of your auld guff.

As the resident Germany football expert (akin to John Giles being the ‘senior football expert’) is there any truth in a possible transfer?

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 984526, member: 24”]Less of your auld guff.

As the resident Germany football expert (akin to John Giles being the ‘senior football expert’) is there any truth in a possible transfer?[/QUOTE]
John Giles is the Senior Football Analyst, you address him by his proper name you little bollocks.

a bid for Reus would be a statement of intent from the Fenway Sports Group

Reus for £45m and Lukaku for £26m would be decent business to replace Suarez

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 984526, member: 24”]Less of your auld guff.

As the resident Germany football expert (akin to John Giles being the ‘senior football expert’) is there any truth in a possible transfer?[/QUOTE]
I don’t know.

He is always linked with moves. That’s fairly typical for a player as good as he is.

He has a £30m release clause (which is far from prohibitive) but that’s only valid from next summer. I think Dortmund will try and get him to sign a new contract and end the speculation. They had a year of this with Gundogan and he signed a new deal that effectively means he won’t be going anywhere. They were obviously helped by the fact Gundogan was injured and so probably valued the security on offer, unlike say Lewandowski and Gotze before him.

It would be strange if clubs didn’t at least enquire about Reus this summer but Dortmund have proven before that they’re willing to say no, and hold out for contracts to end or release clauses to kick in, even if it means rejecting higher bids.

Marco Reus going to Liverpool :smiley:

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 984546, member: 2272”]a bid for Reus would be a statement of intent from the Fenway Sports Group

Reus for £45m and Lukaku for £26m would be decent business to replace Suarez[/QUOTE]

Lukaku.

Go way out of that.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 984566, member: 24”]Lukaku.

Go way out of that.[/QUOTE]

Bony would be a better signing