Summer Transfer Window 2014

[U]Liverpool[/U][/URL]'s rise to runners-up in the Premier League will not deter [URL=‘http://www.theguardian.com/football/brendan-rodgers’][U]Brendan Rodgers[/U] from instigating a clear-out of the senior ranks this summer, with the manager prepared to offload Iago Aspas and Luis Alberto 12 months after their Anfield arrivals.
Rodgers has outlined his intention to sign quality over quantity with the Champions League in mind but, despite reservations over the depth of the Liverpool squad, would consider offers for several players who have struggled to make an impression. The futures of up to a dozen are in doubt, although not all are likely to leave.
Liverpool’s largely disappointing [U]transfer window[/U] last summer is reflected in the availability of Aspas, Alberto and potentially Kolo Touré after just one season on Merseyside. A fourth signing from that window, the central defender Tiago Ilori, will be allowed to go on loan for another season having played for Granada on a temporary basis since January.
Aspas cost €9m from Celta Vigo but made only five Premier League starts – and scored only once, in the FA Cup – with his path blocked by the sensational form of his fellow strikers Luis Suárez and Daniel Sturridge. At 26 he does not have time to spend another campaign on the bench and would be open to a return to Spain.
Alberto signed from Sevilla for £6.8m after a protracted pursuit by Liverpool but did not start a Premier League game last season, making nine substitute appearances and two starts in cup competitions. The 21-year-old may also be considered for a loan deal while the veteran defender Touré, who started the campaign well after a free transfer from Manchester City only to struggle on his return from injury, has admitted he needs to discuss his future with Rodgers. The 33-year-old is under contract at Liverpool until 2015.
Liverpool are also open to offers for José Reina, Fabio Borini, Oussama Assaidi and Suso, who have been on loan at Napoli, Sunderland, Stoke City and Almería respectively, plus the Uruguay defender Sebastián Coates. Daniel Agger’s position is uncertain after a campaign in which he was frequently overlooked by the Liverpool manager, so too Martin Kelly’s, while Victor Moses and Aly Cissokho will not be retained after their respective loan spells from Chelsea and Valencia.

Mandzukic looks to be on his way out of Bayern after falling out with Guardiola. Interested to see how @Il Bomber Destro will take the news. Two of his sworn enemies against eachother. Whose side will he take? Mandzukic didn’t train this week because of an injury and Guardiola said he should have able to play. Bild are reporting that Guardiola said to him “Best of luck at your new club” today.

I will remain neutral.

As expected Ashley Cole has confirmed that he will leave Chelsea this summer.

Will he head state side or would a Liverpool or Man United be tempted to pick him up on a bosman

Seems reasonable

Yaya Toure’s agent claims the Ivory Coast midfielder may leave Barclays Premier League champions Manchester City this summer.

Dimitry Seluk claims City have not made Toure feel valued and appreciated, especially on his 31st birthday which clashed with a party in Abu Dhabi to celebrate City’s title triumph.

Seluk told The Sun: "There’s a big possibility Yaya will leave this summer.

"What happened at his birthday meant the club don’t care about him. It was proof.

"In a normal team, his team-mates and club would at least give him good wishes.

"He’s very upset and he started thinking of leaving the club. And he will leave if things carry on like this.

"It’s not a question of money or contract, believe me. He has everything he needs. For Yaya what is the most important thing is human relationships.

“When your best worker has his birthday from time to time it’s not bad to shake his hand. To make him feel valued and appreciated. They don’t give any attention to Yaya.”

Toure signed a new four-year deal with City last season.

Kolo :smiley:

To be fair if I were Yaya I’d be pissed off if Wayne Rooney earned more than me too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtLC2vfidjA

So this wasn’t a joke it seems o_O

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 947035, member: 332”]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtLC2vfidjA

So this wasn’t a joke it seems o_O[/QUOTE]
Dimi reminds me of Chemical Ali

They reported this in a pretty deadpan manner on Today FM’s sports slot this evening as if it was a perfectly normal thing for a 31 year old man to get upset about-it was pretty funny.

It’s probably not even his real fucking Birthday.

It was but he’s 35, not 31.

That’s sort of what I meant.

Manchester City are on the verge of announcing the signing of Bacary Sagna on a free transfer from Arsenal, with the right-back to earn at least £120,000 a week.
The 31-year-old is thought to have agreed a three-year deal to take him to the Premier League champions and strengthen Manuel Pellegrini’s defensive options.
Given City’s £49m net transfer budget for the summer due to [U]Uefa’s financial fair play punishment[/U], the acquisition of Sagna for no fee will cause relief at the Etihad Stadium.
City are also understood to be close to signing Porto’s Fernando for around £20m, though the move to land his team-mate, Eliaquim Mangala, still requires further work.

[QUOTE=“chewy louie, post: 947772, member: 1137”]Manchester City are on the verge of announcing the signing of Bacary Sagna on a free transfer from Arsenal, with the right-back to earn at least £120,000 a week.
The 31-year-old is thought to have agreed a three-year deal to take him to the Premier League champions and strengthen Manuel Pellegrini’s defensive options.
Given City’s £49m net transfer budget for the summer due to [U]Uefa’s financial fair play punishment[/U], the acquisition of Sagna for no fee will cause relief at the Etihad Stadium.
City are also understood to be close to signing Porto’s Fernando for around £20m, though the move to land his team-mate, Eliaquim Mangala, still requires further work.[/QUOTE]

I thought City were under orders to reduce their wage bill and spending, £120k for an average full back on the wrong side of 30 is preposterous.

A 2nd choice right back to boot.

The Guardian are reporting that Van Gaal has called off United’s move for Tony Kroos.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/22/louis-van-gaal-ends-manchester-united-interest-toni-kroos-bayern-munich

The Mirror!! Reporting Liverpool are in for Pedro and are taking his absence from Barcelona’s recent kit promotion as confirmation he is up for transfer. SPS could work.

I see Messi couldnt even bother show up in Puyol’s departure video. All is not well in Qatar.

[QUOTE=“croppy_boy, post: 947781, member: 306”]The Guardian are reporting that Van Gaal has called off United’s move for Tony Kroos.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/22/louis-van-gaal-ends-manchester-united-interest-toni-kroos-bayern-munich[/QUOTE]
That’s a terrific article. Scholes would have brought him in. Van Gaal has decided not to. No mention of what Bayern or Kroos himself might want.

On an unrelated note, I’ve been distinctly unimpressed with Kroos over the last 3 months or so. He has always enjoyed very favourable press. I think he’s a very talented player but he has some improving to do to justify the hype I think. World Cup might make more of him.