Summer Transfer Window 2016

Once again, not a Liverpool fan but don’t agree with the sentiment of that post at all. His goals and assists over the past few seasons would imply some level of creativity. Is he really expected to be as good as Gerrard, is anybody going to be?
What are the stupid things you refer to which happen every few games, I remember the stupid sending off which may have cost Liverpool the league because one of their best players was suspended for the run in but I didn’t realise he had a reputation for stupidity?

The only reason it cost Liverpool the league was because he was the player missing for those three games (in which they dropped five points). That says more about his quality than anything. Think he was the only outfield everpresent up to that point.

I like him and remember sticking up for him in his first season at the club. I’d be concerned over this somewhat persistent heel injury though

I’d say their business is done for CM for the season ahead. It’ll be two of Can, Henderson and Wijnaldum (who Klopp reckons can play CM), with others like Grujic and Jimmy Milner filling in.

They’re lacking a bastard in midfield (someone like the Masch or Souness, albeit two very different players to each other), or someone who can change the game through long range passing (see Alonso). Klopp was chasing a few more defensively minded midfielders like Dahouhd and Zielinski (probably spelling both names wrong) this summer but then went for Wiljiandum which seemed surprising.

1 Like

The first part of your post was what I was getting at. I’d be happy enough to have gotten Mane and Wijnaldjum, both exciting attackers.
Problem here is Liverpool fans still believe that they’re a huge club who will attract world class players, they’ll have to develop them.

Think most Liverpool fans realise they’re not gonna be attracting a Pogba or that type of player pal.

I’ve not paid too much attention. Who would Liverpool fans ideally like to sign for that ‘problem’ centre midfield spot. They’ve an awful lot of attacking midfield players now.

I think they’ll be ok. I’ve a feeling Klopp is waiting a season on this Dahouhd lad who I know fuckall about. I’m reasonably happy with the options that are there this season. The three in front of those CMs should go well

Ciaran Clark on his way to Newcastle

Kapustka is on his way from Cracovia to Leicester. That’s according to his cousin who works in my office anyway.

Which one was he in the Euros, pal?

The 19 year old. Left midfield. He was suspended for the 3rd game I think.

1 Like

Does his name translate to little cabbage?

Correct

Man City have announced their UEFA Champions League squad.

John Stones is included in their squad.

Thats senior hurling right there.

It’s official now…£47.5 million :open_mouth:

Man City have now spent a combined £114m on Stones, Otamendi and Mangala :joy:

The old new crest looks fucking fabulous.

I’d agree with that, the last crest Citeh had with that eagle thing on it was crap.

The owners are a great bunch of lads all the same, a splendidly run club.

Will the EPL implode?
It would be great if Sky were caught up in some sort of scandal/went bust and it resulted in them defaulting on the payments to clubs.

How does it compare to the money spent by American Football & Basketball clubs?

[quote=“TreatyStones, post:279, topic:21961, full:true”]
Will the EPL implode?
It would be great if Sky were caught up in some sort of scandal/went bust and it resulted in them defaulting on the payments to clubs. [/quote]

Wouldn’t BT or some other company just spring up to take their place?

Nothing to see here, be grand.