Super Blues 2017

‪DEPARTURE: #LimerickFC can confirm that midfielder Paul O’Conor has left the club by mutual consent.

The club thank Paul for his professionalism, hard work and commitment during his time here and his huge contribution to our promotion success last season :clap:

Where to ??

FFS

O’Conor is by no means top class but he is our best defensive-minded midfielder atm.

1 Like

I still think Limerick will be ok . Not down to ourselves but on the basis of what is below us but if it gets close is the morale there to battle hard ?

If he had stayed he’d have been the best right back at the club. Despite being a midfielder.

I don’t think it is.

Clubs below us like Pats, Harps, Sligo are all picking up points. They all seem up for a battle.

Are the likes of Tosi and Hery going to be willing to get down in the trenches… would have my doubts.

I think today is the last day for LOI players to transfer between LOI clubs

DEPARTURE: #LimerickFC can confirm that defender @shaunkelly89 has left the club by mutual consent.

Fuck , last man out turn off lights.

So 3 players out and no one in?

Looks it

July 1st – July 31st

All players, amateur or professional, can move clubs for the duration of July. This is the only period where players can move from one League of Ireland club to another.

August 1st – August 31st

All out of work professionals can sign for League of Ireland clubs, including any professional whose contract was cancelled on or before July 31st, 2017.

Any decent free agents floating about?

Is there more to this than the manager ?

Fuck that.

Kelly is a fine player and a great servant. No way to treat him ffs.

Was half hoping this would blow over, no clubs would come in for Kelly & O’Conor and they’d be quickly back in the first team picture. POC off to Pats apparently.

Limerick out: Kainz, walsh, Costello, Mulhall, Turner, Williams, O’Conor, Robson and Kelly.

Limerick in: Cameron, Crowe (loan)

Kelly’s statement is saying he’s pretty much retiring, getting a job outside of football.

They could have let him see out the season at least FFS. Not like they’ve replaced him. Had they are very big panel before or will they be struggling for senior players now? Call up a load of u-19’s to plug the gaps I suppose.

There’s a few hotshots with Ulan Bator Wanderers coming over to sort it

The squad is absolutely threadbare now. A manager can get rid of who he wants but do it at the end of the season once safety is assured. He has got rid of five senior, experienced players in the last week of the window and not replaced any of them. Mind boggling.

The back four has been a mess for a few years but he still ousts the best (and only) right back at the club and the best centre back who is promptly snapped up by the champions elect.

Looking at a back four for the run in of Clarke (a winger) at right back, Dave O’Connor (a centre back) at left full, a kid on loan at centre half partnered by a lad who couldn’t get in the team while we were in the first division.

Boys

Is there a lot more to this ??

Beginning to think there has to be. Insanity to dump so many players and not get replacements.

5th highest average attendance in the league of over 1,700. Crowds holding up relatively well.