Super Blues 2017

I agree with everything @dodgy_keeper said. The man hasn’t a clue. 2 best players were Berki and dean Clarke and they were the first 2 to be subbed. Playing a centre half left full who can’t win a header and gets very nervous when the ball comes to him. How Shane Tracy can’t get on that team I’ll never know. The man is a complete bluffer and there is only one place we are going. In fairness though the first division was great crack all the same :joy::joy:

Hash tag :joy:

The thing is that Rovers didn’t even need to be that good. Two mediocre teams in the opening half but gifted them the opener from the corner. Panic stations every time we have to defend a set piece.

Rovers upped it marginally in the second half and played us off the pitch. We couldn’t get near them. Hardly put a tackle in.

The heart and soul has been ripped out of this squad. Got rid of lads you’d want beside you in the trenches like Kelly and O’Conor. Temporary stop gaps like Crowe, Berki and that hopeless lad from New Zealand brought in and are they going to properly dig in…?

This manager has the charisma of a gravel pit and the man management skills of a cactus. Had a few quid on Rovers last night and if Bohs are priced anything reasonable I’ll back them at the weekend. The players have seen right through this fella and given up.

Shaun and Robbie were at the game last night to add salt to the wounds.

1 Like

lolzer

i was at the reverse fixture in Tallaght when WJ Boland was in charge an im very suprised to read the reports above
that night Limerick did really well and with Tosi and O’Flynn on should have won the game, arguably Rovers sat very very deep that night after going 1 up but limerick were full value for their point,
they’re in right danger of going down i think now, you’d have to think droghda are gone and sligo looked to be struggling as well, last spot is up from grabs

They are certainly leaving no stone unturned to get into contention for it.

Team is virtually unrecognisable now from that night.

Have had the confidence ripped out of them, as well as getting rid of five senior players - most of whom happened to be the best players Limerick had.

Bohs on Saturday and Finn Harps in the next two league games. Must win at least one of them. Have zero faith in this clown McDonald though, the league of Ireland Christian Gross.

What an insult to Christian Gross. :rage:

Whats Chairman Pat’s reasoning behind this? Was it a knee jerk reaction to get rid of Russell ?

I genuinely think there is more to this saga than meets the eye. The Chairman needs to talk and bloody fast .

Russell was utterly blackguarded .

That’s the Limerick Way for you.

I don’t think he can talk about why the lads were let go.

As for appointing McDonald, I suppose his CV looked more impressive than the alternatives.

Is the manager the guy who was part of Stan Staunton’s Ireland set up and former Villa reserve manager?

That was Kevin McDonald, a multiple league winner with Liverpool, a very good player who couldn’t break into one of the GOATs.
Also scored a hoser in Flower Lodge for Liverpool against an Irish selection

NO

"Why " is key here .

The only place where British managers tend to do well is Sligo . Willie McStay , Lawrie Sanchez , Paul Cook and Ian Baraclough have all done well there . I cannot think of many more to hand .