Super Blues 2018 - Official Thread

The only positive this evening is Clifford is a baller. Kelly at fault directly at some point in all three goals. The people of Limerick and the business’s of Limerick need to get up off their holes and support this team.

1 Like

Should be a good bounce back game for you, Rovers are in free fall.

1 Like

I’ll gut the lot of you

Except me. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You wouldn’t gut a fresh mackerel .

LINEUP: Your #LimerickFC team for tonight’s game. Two changes from Tuesday as Darren Dennehy and Danny Morrissey come back in after injury; they replace Shaun Kelly - on the bench - and Tony Whitehead, who is unavailable for the first time this season due to a hamstring injury.

8pm Kick Off

Morrissey!!!

3 Likes

Look, we’ll take the draw… we needed something tonight to bolster confidence if nothing else. Although Coleman’s red card is a serious blow, I’d say he’s been our best player this season.

Bray and Bohs lose.

2 Likes

The performance was much better too apparently. Hopefully it might kick start something. Although it was only against the dross that is Rovers tonight so best not get too carried away.

Ah lovely, that’s a great point. How bad is Bradley?

My contact at the game says Coleman’s red card was ridiculous and he got the ball.

Good night all round with Bray & Bohs beaten too.

Bray away next Friday is a six pointer. I’ll try head up to that one.

‘I told Fergie to shove his Manchester United contract and he told me to get out of his office’

Joe ticking a lot of boxes that will go down well with TFK.
Finance professional
Proud Limerick man
Loves his hurling
No interest in rugby
Hates Fergie :clap::clap:

4 Likes

Duggy is a blue now… :brendan::pint:

3 Likes

Been way better this half, neat finish from Duggy.

Willie Fitz a constant threat down the left.

2 Likes

3 vital points!

2 Likes

We are staying up…we are staying up!

2 Likes

Rode our luck but a massive result!

When is the transfer window open?

A great result last night. Badly needed. Now 9 points above Bray who still have a game in hand. We’ve beaten them twice now this season, swap the results and it’s us at the foot of the table.

A first half low on quality. Billy Dennehy gave away a penalty after a rash challenge. Up stepped the normally reliable Gary McCabe with one of the worst penalties you’ll ever see. Blazed it over the bar and I doubt it has landed yet. Horrific.

A couple of minutes later Bray won a free kick on the edge off the box. Clipped the bar before going behind to safety. Super Blues very reliant on young Willie Fitzgerald who consistently troubled the right back, beating him at will and winning corners. Lovely footwork. Only real chance was an outstretched Morrissey - who had a thankless task toiling up front on his own all night - putting an effort wide after a wonderful cross from Dennehy who was deployed on the right wing initially.

Clearly got a bollocking at half time and were transformed on the resumption. Took the game to the hosts and Duggy grabbed the breakthrough, poking home amid a forest of legs in the box. Limerick haven’t scored more than a single goal in a game all season but really should have killed the game off as Morrissey missed a glorious chance with a header.

Young Walsh O’Loughlin was in introduced to the left wing as the visitors battened down the hatches, Fitz switching to the right wing with Dennehy dropping to left back. A few hairy moments ensued, once Clifford went off we lost some control in the middle, none more so than when a rare mistake from the normally unflappable Brendan Clarke gifted Bray a sitter but they smashed it off the bar for the second time.

Attendance of 407 and the away fans of maybe 100 greeted the full time whistle deliriously as the super blues garnered their first win in almost two months. A pity both Bohs and Sligo picked up points but all we could do last night was win ourselves.

Derry at home on Monday and Cork away next Saturday will be tough. Anything picked up from those two will be a bonus.

Still, last night was the big one and a colossal three points returned down the M7.

4 Likes