Super Blues 2018 - Official Thread

Correction!

It’s now 3-0!

Sensational!

Hope we get five and Waterford get none.

10 Likes

Ffs.

1-3.

Ffs.

2-3.

2-4

1 Like

@chops91 The weekend has landed!!

2 Likes

3-4, ten mins left.

Jesus Christ

5!

Penalty!!!

6 -3

It’s just like watching Brazil!

You score one and we’ll score two :clap:

Nearly doubled our goal tally for the season in one game!

The three points were in the bag as soon as I text @chops91 earlier saying I had a bad feeling about tonight.

1 Like

#superblues #greatestleagueintheworld

Lost 2-0 at home to Cork tonight.

Played alright, but just very light and didn’t seem to have the belief in the final third. Clifford played really well in the first half, but went off at half-time. I didn’t notice him being injured in the first half but he was a huge loss. Duggan dropped back and was really poor in the same role, whereas Clifford had just kept it ticking over. Barry Maguire, who appeared to have a hand in 3 of the goals against Waterford pulled out late for Willie Fitz; and Danny Morrissey, who scored 2 of them, was out again.

We’re just picking up way too many injuries. We’ve a small squad and we can’t afford to be without Morrissey, Ellis, Maguire, Wearen, Darren Dennehy, Brouder all at the one time. Part of that is due to signing injury-prone players but there’s no way some of these players should be injured like every second week.

Cork weren’t fantastic but Buckley took his chances very well, second one was a beautiful finish. Physically much stronger than us, and through that nullified our chances. Once they went 1-up, they were likely to hold on.

I will say something though- Karl O’Sullivan has something about him. Lovely feet. Play him with the likes of Clifford & Morrissey around him, and he’ll flourish.

1 Like

Clifford going off was the losing of the game. Monday Friday schedule not helping small squad. Will Fitz has something about him too

Talking to mike sheen just before the second half. Clifford tweeted his hamstring. We have no luck with injuries. No harm with a fully fit squad we are actually not that bad. Biggest game of the season Friday away to Sligo. Can’t wait to get on the road already. Positive having wearen back. Think we found a new position for him in CB. The games games he has played there he has played very well. Same question is still lingering though WE NEED A STRIKER!!!

You don’t think Morrissey is the answer?

Personally, yesterday with 10 minutes to go needing a goal, I would have pushed Dennehy forward and brought Tracy in. Barrett doesn’t seem to rate him and he can be got at, but his set-piece delivery is a huge asset for a side who don’t always create a huge pile of chances.