Super Blues RIP (For at least 2020 anyway)

EPL footixes wondering why their local team keeps going bust

cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

2 Likes

I was one of 15 away fans in Cork last year.

It was pitiful.

Scrap it for good.

I think the youth teams the clubs were forced to invest in are starting to come through, i believe this will increase the standard of the league significantly. I also think the league is going in the right direction, Dundalk, Rovers, Bohs, Cork etc all get decent crowds in general. It’s vital for soccer in Ireland that Limerick and Galway are part of it

1 Like

How strong is soccer in limerick City, especially underage soccer? Who was the last Limerick bred International (Steve Finnan doesn’t count). Cork always have a few in the international squad in comparison

Cork is 3 times the size of Limerick… Waterford, Tipp and Galway have produced the goods tho…

The first port of call is the LDL crowd ---- 4 dinosaurs look after youth football. My brother is involved with Pike and he said the league break their hearts constantly with their outdated ways… they’re one of the few leagues that didnt switch back to winter football- and they wont allow them go play in tournaments outside Limerick during winter. Pike and lately Annacotty do a fantastic job with kids but that seems to be it - the rest care about money for the few serious junior teams about.

A real pity. I thought we were on to a real team and project in 2012/13, but it never materialised.

There’s going to be a Prime Time uncovered show down the line at some stage about where the money went.

Pat’s heart was in the right place but, Christ, he made some diabolical decisions that have led to today.

It’s a sad day.

1 Like

That is a good point . Soccer has very good participation at underage in Limerick but the city been pitiful in producing international players .

Technically speaking someone can step in before Friday and save the club :see_no_evil:

Billy Big Balls here making a big deal about walking from Douglas to Turners Cross

6 Likes

This aged well :neutral_face:

A good summary here.

Are those fields in Bruff pats or the clubs?

Well done Patrick Kanuke

in time honoured LOI fan fashion the man who attempted to invest in the club, lost his bollox and could see himself loosing even more will now be called a cunt .
the sad thing is lads most people are oblivious to the whole thing, this isnt the fucking FAI’s fault or John Delaney’s the botton line is in general people have no interest in supporting professional football in this country and thats it.
we may as well just leave @Bandage at it following ayr united or whatever - the public have shown that they want to support foreign leagues and have no interest - we probably are at a stage lads where a strong argument should be made to cancel the LOI

limerick is fierce soccer town and county but like cobh its a huge junior and intermediate soccer area and the public have no interest in LOI
LOI is beyond saving lads i think - when those boys pull out of dundalk its done

6 Likes

how can the first divsion be justified lads?
any decent intermediate side would need their heads examined to sign up
take cobh wanderers or some of the kerry clubs or i dunno tolka rovers - big sides, big support - very local type of teams - fellas doing a 9-5 - clubs all well comfortable finacially - why in gods name would they want to fk that up ? trips to Finn park one week -lads on a bus - then they expect money - nobody pays in the gate

1 Like

You support Cobh but are a Shamrock Rovers season ticket holder. :joy::joy::joy: