Super Blues RIP (For at least 2020 anyway)

Agreed, lads with season tickets at British clubs. Find it mind boggling.

1 Like

Wonder if Limerick GAA are eyeing them up on the cheap

100% correct and ve renewed again for this season - will you head to a few games do you think this season or would drogheda be a easier for yourself on a friday?

1 Like

Iā€™ll be supporting Wexford, Kilkenny and Laois in the Leinster hurling championship next year, you halfwit cunt.

1 Like

Is that around the time he was having a child with his wife while sleeping with men?

@mickee321 supports ā€œthe leagueā€, not a club. Just ā€œthe leagueā€. But heā€™s a season ticket holder with the cup holders and doesnā€™t go to the second tier club where heā€™s from. What a footix.

Will ā€œthe leagueā€ be strong next season @mickee321 ā€œI only follow premier league but not first divisionā€?

thatā€™s irrelevant and off topic
Can you explain to the forum why you as an adult male of reasonable disposition and education choose to support a football club in a foreign country and invest time an money in same that unless you are Scottish ( and fair enough if you are) have utterly no connection with

i choose to buy a season ticket at SRFC as i fundamentally believe in supporting the league of ireland and it is the most accessible club to me on a friday and i would hope my son and his generation would have an interest in same - it is fundamental to the professioal game surviving and developing here ( and i say developing rather sheepishly btw but the signs are positive)

as someone who i assume enjoys watching live football can you explain to me in any logical way possible how you have no interest in supporting the league here and yet have developed some form of emotional attachment with a scottish team - and im really asking with the best of integrity now

3 Likes

@Bandage is floundering hereā€¦

Do you just want ā€œthe leagueā€ to win ā€œthe leagueā€ every year so your son can feel an affinity with ā€œthe leagueā€? Keep telling yourself that youā€™re fighting the good fight. Is it just Rovers and Ramblers youā€™re supporting next year?

and yet they blame John delaney

1 Like

@mickee321 there are junior clubs and first division clubs closer to you than Rovers. Why do you travel from the Meath / Kildare border to financially back the cup holders in Tallaght?

@mickee321 what connection do you have with the Tallaght hoops and why do you now support them instead of Cobh (where youā€™re from)? Why are you glory hunting by taking a Rovers season ticket or is supporting Cobh and Rovers the same thing because youā€™re supporting ā€œthe leagueā€? Are you hoping itā€™s a strong ā€œleagueā€ next year? Is it? Is it that right? Huh. Huh?

The LOI is an absolute shambles. I think the majority of people who would go are put off by the fact that the majority of clubs have at some stage been woefully mismanaged and gone through bankruptcy and rebrand etc on more than one occasion. The finances that people have raised, fundraisers etc have invariably never been pumped back in to clubs and people donā€™t forget that.

It isnā€™t sustainable outside Dublin.

Look at Cork City FC. One of the biggest fanbases in Ireland and woefully mismanaged. They are barely afloat and seem to find new ways of disenfranchising their support base every year.

@mickee321 ā€˜s local team in Meath is Tallaght Rovers? Is that it? Could you explain to the forum why you as an adult male of reasonable disposition and education choose to support a football club in a different county and invest time and money in same that unless you are from Tallaght (and fair enough if you are?) have utterly no connection with.

Where in Meath is Cobh or Tallaght Rovers?

@mickee321? Cat got your tongue @mickee321?

Irish people arenā€™t very good supporters in general. GAA has a lot more grassroots support than soccer yet even in GAA the crowds only really turn up for a few big championship games a year. The concept of going to a game and supporting a team every week over 30 games is alien to most Irish people

Limerick, Waterford, Galway, etc. need to just focus on youth and have a stable team in each city over a number of years with not many expenses

1 Like

EMFA (Kilkenny City) , St James Gate , Thurles Town , Home Farm ( 3 ? Guises) , Dublin City, Newcastlewest , Mervue , Limerick United , Cork Alberts , Monaghan United , Saint Francis , were in the LOI since 1980 and no longer there . I am sure there are a few I have missed .

Fingal had a team didnā€™t they?

Limerick 37.

1 Like