Super Blues RIP (For at least 2020 anyway)

Slight in me bollox thereā€™s your answer

Iā€™ve no issue with that mate, I played with Avondale myself for a year and a half, Ringmahon and Midleton as well, Iā€™m an MSL truther, but the Limerick teams arenā€™t eligible for that competition, the top few teams in Limerick would be very competitive in the MSL, Iā€™ve no doubt about that, from time to time theyā€™d probably win it

Why canā€™t the limerick teams play,or arenā€™t allowed? genuine question not being a smart arse

Because they are junior Iā€™d assume. Thatā€™s an intermediate cup.

Not my question,my point was if there are good teams on limerick whatā€™s stopping them from stepping up? obviously there are good teams there,is it pitch standard,etc letting them down or they would be hammered

MSL is a league though ,why arenā€™t limerick teams involved? Travel etc?

Whatā€™s the incentive for them to step up? Travelling to cork every weekend? Iā€™ve never played MSL so Iā€™ve no idea if it would even be a step up?

Competition

Itā€™s no coincidence that the top teams play together,and if a team wants to progress they need to take a chance

Most of the pitches would be of a similar standard to MSL, Pike and Fairview would be envied by most of the Cork clubs for their facilities, itā€™s just the way it is, the premier league up here is a huge competition, theyā€™d often dominate the FAI junior cup like Cork clubs do in the Intermediate
I played against Limerick city reserves and UL in the MSL in the late 90s but youā€™d never tempt the big clubs to Cork

1 Like

But sure they already play a highly competitive league.

1 Like

Yet win f all national cups etc?or an I completely wrong

Limerick teams are in the mix for the junior cup most years

1 Like

Pike & Fairview have both won the FAI Junior in the last ten years or so; Pike have probably lost 3 or 4 finals in recent years too.

Aisling & Janesboro both did fairly well last year although Michaelā€™s won it out. Thereā€™d usually be a few Limerick teams in the last 8 at the very least.

1 Like

Thanks

Well the standard is good :+1: so

How many non-Cork teams are there in the MSL?

To be honest, I just donā€™t think itā€™s something that even crosses the mind of Limerick junior clubs these days- you may as well ask them why Cork teams donā€™t join the Limerick District League? Winning the LDL still means something; winning the FAI Junior has become an aim for a good few clubs in recent years too. I just donā€™t think itā€™s something that itā€™s even considered tbh.

1 Like

8 FAI junior cups between 97 and 2010,

Itā€™s junior league, just a word really, when I was a young lad and starting out playing adult football the best teams in Cork were Temple and later Greenmount, they both played in the AUL and werenā€™t good enough to win FAI junior cups

Cups a cup,Jun,inter, senior etc, great achievement for any club