Super Blues RIP (For at least 2020 anyway)

Temple were a force alright, forgot all about them,my old team glasheen were ok aswell,now in the doldrums

There are very few non cork teams in the Munster senior league.

The best teams in Tipp and Waterford would easily compete in the msl too.

I played both msl and limerick premier. The training is the same and the standard is roughly equivalent.

I will say, the best non professional team I played against was John Caulfields avondale. They were intermediate cup champions at the time and had some really talented lads who all grafted. Theyā€™d battle you too if you wanted it to go that way.

The AUL is in no way comparable to the limerick premier. Iā€™d say the premier AUL is comparable to 1b in Limerick.

The facilities in AUL are shocking for the most part.

Bad Munster Junior clubs have vastly superior setups to a lot of top AUL clubs

The City teams in the AUL never stay strong for long. Lads move around or get picked up by MSL teams.

Teams like kinsale and youghal who were very strong in the AUL and had good facilities jumped to MSL at first chance

*youghal may have been west Waterford and not AUL.

1 Like

Corinthians doing it at underage even for yonks

@Corksfinedtboy being badly exposed here, thought this guy was a ā€œsoccer manā€ :rollseyes:

Why do so few join the Msl? Would give the best teams in that a game?

1 Like

Iā€™m a long time out of Cork, nowadays I just follow Ringmahonā€™s results and attend a game or two a year down there if Iā€™m around, I didnā€™t compare AUL facilities in any way, I played AUL also and know full well about togging out of the boot of the car on a country road,
But my point stands, the league often produced outstanding teams that were as good as what was in the MSL at the time, Temple, Greenmount, Passage from the 90s come to mind, I donā€™t know why Iā€™m debating this :grinning:

1 Like

I never played in the 90s in cork. The gap grew in the 00s then because there was nothing in aul a patch on msl teams

1 Like

Talks a good talk anyway. Better than some cowboy I suppose
Good to see Barratt involved

1 Like

Heard Murray speak at events a few times. Didnā€™t get a great vibe off him, but itā€™s good to have someone well connected involved.

Was a bit of a cunt from my few dealings with him, but sure maybe thatā€™s why they need in there

2 Likes

He knows everything, I was at one of those business events he was speaking at and anyone who questioned anything the council had done was given a very condescending answer. Basically ā€œyou just donā€™t get itā€.
Heā€™s very experienced though and Iā€™d imagine he is a very able administrator and if they are to go anywhere they need someone to stop the constant cycles of spending and bankruptcy.

Master of Spin.
He has Limerick Council in hock to the tune if 90M for dOpera centre and then fucks off into the sunset

Tommy is an alright sort

He is.

Pat is seething

Pat is a bit of an oddball but if he keeps digging in, heā€™ll be a COTY nominee

1 Like

What is Patā€™s end game lads ??