Super Bowl LIX- The slippery slope to the Superdome

Did I say you said the actions were justified?

This punctuation mark “?” at the end of sentence denotes a question.

Video shows that two motorcycle officers went after Hill after he appeared to speed past them at in his McLaren sports car on the roadway entering Hard Rock Stadium in light traffic — they later said they clocked him at 60 mph (97 kph). They turned on their lights and pulled Hill over. One knocked on the driver’s window and told him to put it down, which Hill did and handed him his driver’s license.
“Don’t knock on my window like that,” Hill told the officer repeatedly.
“I have to knock to let you know I am here,” the officer told Hill while repeatedly asking why the player didn’t have his seatbelt on.
“Just give me my ticket, bro, so I can go. I am going to be late. Do what you gotta do,” Hill told the officer while putting his darkly tinted window back up.
“Keep your window down,” the officer told him, again tapping on the glass. Hill can still be seen inside.
Hill rolled the window down slightly and said, “Don’t tell me what to do.” He put the window back up.
Hill told CNN’s Kaitlan Collins he did roll his window back up, citing concern about drawing unwanted attention to himself.
“If I let my window down, people walking by, driving by, they’re going to notice that it’s me,” Hill said. “And they’re going to start taking pictures, and I didn’t want to create a scene at all. Like, I just really wanted to get the ticket and then go on about my way.”
The officer again told Hill to put his window back down or “I am going to get you out of the car. As a matter of fact, get out of the car.”
The officer then demanded Hill open the door. Another officer stepped up and said, “Get out of the car or I will break that … window,” using an obscenity.
The door opened and the second officer reached in and grabbed Hill by the arm and the back of the head as the player said, “I am getting out.”
Hill later guessed that he wasn’t moving as quickly as the officers would have liked.
“I wasn’t moving fast because I’ve got injuries,” said Hill, who started his ninth NFL season. “I got things that I go through. I play a physical sport.”
The second officer forced Hill face-first onto the ground. Three officers pulled Hill’s arms behind his back as Hill yelled into his cellphone, “I am getting arrested Drew,” talking to the Dolphins’ director of security, Drew Brooks.
The officers handcuffed Hill and one put a knee in the middle of his back. “If we tell you to do something, do it.”
“Take me to jail, brother, do what you gotta do,” Hill replied.
“We are,” an officer said.
“You crazy,” Hill said to the officer.
The officers stood Hill up and walked him to the sidewalk. One officer told him to sit on the curb. Hill said to the officer he just had surgery on his knee.
An officer then jumped behind him and put a bar hold around Hill’s upper chest or neck. He pulled Hill into a seating position.
“Chill, bro,” Hill told the officers.
At that point, teammate Jonnu Smith parked his SUV in front of Hill’s car, got out and asked what was going on. The officers ordered Smith to get back in his vehicle and leave. They then told him they were going to give him a ticket for blocking the road

The 2 of you appear to be looking for a row of some sort so I’ll go back to my original post. My opinion is that Tyreek acted the prick. And when he did, the cops weren’t gonna stand down from it. There’s fault on both sides. Cops shouldn’t have over reacted and Tyreek shouldn’t have been a prick.

2 Likes

Appearances can be deceiving.

You sound like Donald Trump " fine people on both sides"

From my viewing the cop went from 0-100 for very little reason “you know what get out of the car” and dragged him out.

I don’t think anyone can say Hill is blameless. He did something to warrant being pulled over and then spoke to them like they were dirt. He could have easily just kept his mouth shut and handed his license over.

You can hear one of the cops behind the car telling the others that it was Tyreek Hill so not sure if he could hear that. Someone on Sky earlier was saying they thought it was very close to the stadium and that’s why there was so many of them killing around. Not sure if thats true or not though.

Cops didn’t need to drag him out of the car obviously but I don’t think anyone is surprised they did it knowing how American police usually react. That doesn’t make it right either.

1 Like

True that, I regularly have to wrestle kids to the ground when the little fuckers don’t do what I say :man_shrugging:

Ramble Ramble Ramble GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

You don’t fuck with the cops in America

IMG_5169

3 Likes

I think its clear to say the first police officer and Tyreek were working with each other to a degree. The second arsehole made a cunt of the whole situation.

this has gone as well for mac as a run of the mill traffic stop went for the miami dade PD

I dont think the situation is comparable.

1 Like

people saying Tyreek was a dick and that so were the cops but it wouldnt have happened if he wasnt a dick. Completely missing the point here really. The cops are paid and working their job here, they have to be better than that. Are they really going to get 4 cops for every speeding offence and drag out the driver and arrest them aggressively because they are being a snarky ass? Give him his ticket and fuck off back to work. There was no need for that reaction at all, regardless of 'Murica and all that shit. Tyreek gave the licence and rolled his window back up. Thats all that was done. Understandable from his point of view why, people stopping and videoing him. The reaction to Calais Campbell summed it all up. He is calmly trying to find out whats going on, one cop tells him to leave but the other jobsworth wants to assert his authority over him too. Typical powertripping cunt. Hill was being an ass. Surely cops see this the whole time when they stop people. I doubt anyone is overly friendly after being stopped so its hardly unusual. But you cant go from stopping to ripping them out of a car and lying on their back and arresting them because they wouldnt put the window back down. There was no reason for the window to be back down other than him wanting to assert his control.

Again, Tyreeks a complete arse, not only this, but in general, but the cops are entirely in the wrong here.

1 Like

More importantly. The Pats OLine looked very good Sunday… I thought there would be big problems here - hopefully it wasn’t a once off.

They gave away very few flags also on either side of the ball. A prime Bill performance.

Still look like a 5/6 win team but that was encouraging

Main thing for me was they got a win on the board so there is less pressure on Mayo now for that first one. Had it dragged on there would be calls for Maye or a bit of unsettled shit going on. They could lose their next 5, but that 1 at the start just gives him.and the team a little breathing space to keep going.

I am mixed on the o line to be honest. Brissett got smashed. Stevenson got most of his yards after contact too. So whilst they won, I’m not convinced by them. A solid performance and what you expect from a team with few A rated players, and signs of positivity.

1 Like

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-does-not-plan-to-place-browns-qb-deshaun-watson-on-commissioner-s-exempt-list-following-sexual-assault-allegation

https://twitter.com/tjmoe28/status/1833475940363424018?s=46

A Trump supporter. Colour me shocked

A few lads unsurprisingly ingnorant of the American psyche around guns here.

If the poh-lice have pulled over a clearly agitated male who then obscures their view with a tinted window going up, the poh-lice have to assume he’s reaching for a gun. That’s the sad reality of it. Once that happens, and they feel their life is in danger, the poh-lice are not going to respond in a passive and co-operative fashion.

1 Like

That would be fine if he wasn’t corresponding at all

He gave them his licence and was talking to one cop through a crack in the window … He was being cooperative but being a wanker about it. He has a share of the blame for sure but the fuzz over reacted… Run the licence and plates and get on with it.

1 Like