Tailteann Cup - The new Tommy Murphy

As I’ve told you before Dublin aren’t your problem.

1 Like

Just about what the competiton deserved. Cian gave a masterclass yesterday

Laois are very unlucky they’re in the same provincial championship as Down. With the Down monster crushing all opposition in Leinster each year, it’s no wonder Laois and other Leinster teams are disillusioned with football. It’s all Down’s fault and the GAA will surely have to step in and split them.

1 Like

Kerry knocked Clare 9-21 to 1-9 in 1979 in the Milltown Malbay massacre. 1-9 was the most Kerry conceded in a game that year.

1 Like

The best game of the weekend just 24 hours away now. Grand excitement about the place with flags out and most clubs have a bus or two travelling to Dublin - it’s a fair bit better than the ‘glory’ of getting to a AI quarter final or whatever was supposed to be considered success previously.
No pretending that anyone is interested in the 2nd game either, Down county board have a homecoming dinner scheduled for Newry at 8pm which is a lovely little sign that some of the old swagger is on the way back.

4 Likes

More Down supporters in Meaghers today at 1pm than at some league games we had. To hell with the naysayers, this is a grand competition. The red and black are still as fine a set of colours as appear in Croke Park too.

8 Likes

I’m looking forward to it

Downshire are going all out to win the Talia Shire.

Ger Canning doing a serious job hyping the skillset of these Meath lads so far

A down lad kicked one about 5 yards wide, point says Ger.

Is he blind? It would explain a lot

Fisted Point

Genie with a super pass

A mad own goal. Actually might have come off the Meath player’s knee.

Fucking yes!!!

What a finish. Seanie Leary-esque.

That’s as freakish a goal as you’ll see.

That’s surely top 5 own goals ever (of course topped by Mayo)

Not an own goal

It’s an absolute disgrace this game is on telly, it should be exclusively live on GAAGO. But what a weird one. It looked fairly clear the Meath player connected with the rebound in real-time. Four or five replays later & there’s no doubt about it whatsoever but Canning & McGinley still talking about an own goal.

I’m going to have to disagree