Tailteann Cup - The new Tommy Murphy

This is the sort of scenario where even if you’re wrong, which you are, you have to dig in.

Hope Down win just to spite that horrible prick O Rourke

Like many a side before them, playing Laois could have been the worst thing that could ever had happened to Down

Whatever suits you. I’ll bow to your excellent knowledge and hope you’re keeping well btw.

1 Like

Good challenge says Ger as the Meath fella nails the Down chap with a borderline red card hit

Absolutely mortifying passage of play from both sides there

There’s a vibe of a shit 2008 qualifier off this. Kildare v Fermanagh or Wexford v Down.

1 Like

Lot of nerves our there, befitting of an All Ireland final.

Be great to see Donal Keoghan get a bit of silverware here. As decent tough and honest a Meath footballer as there ever has been.

1 Like

That Down lad put off on a black card looks like an under 12 player.

1 Like

Brannigan is some looking weed

Shoot, don’t bounce

1 Like

That extra hop was a goal killer

1 Like

Me man at the back post with the hands in the air lamenting he didn’t get the pass to palm one in and he not within an asses roar of the square

Not sure this Brannigan chap has the chops for intercounty football at this high level

1 Like

Fuckers didn’t miss any of these goal chances in the semi final :joy:

Ffs

This is an appalling game.

Not a fantastic advertisement for the intermediate cup but not a bad match either tbf

C-Lav and JMcG be happy enough with that you’d say. They’ve left a hape of scores out there and still level to a jammy goal despite the black card. Down should blow these Meath lumps off the field in the second half.

I’m predisposed to mock The Teddy Ruxspin Cup but this has been hilariously bad in a slapstick way. Meat(h) have been gassed since around the 27th minute & look in terrible physical shape. Despite the black card, Down have walked through them a few times in that last 5-10 minutes. Some of the basic handling & kicking has been appalling. Down should go on & win this by around 7 points.

1 Like