Tailteann Cup - The new Tommy Murphy

Least ye avoid Down in the semi this year…

We’ve unfinished business there

1 Like

Fact.

https://twitter.com/PhilieWolfe/status/1802368897477165333

1 Like

Best of luck mate, Laois were by far the best team Wexford played against this year

1 Like

Are they televising these Tailtean Cup semi finals?

Have put down many bad days with Kildare but today is right down there. Just a team that was demoralised and couldn’t be put out of their misery quick enough.

Glenn will always be a legend but in hindsight he should have stepped down long before today. It went Pete Tong very early in his reign.

The lack of interest around the county is the most disheartening thing. Just pure apathy everywhere. We’ve been going downhill for years and there is no real determination or plan to arrest the slide into mediocrity (which we have embraced with relish).

Congrats to Laois. Way more up for it and I hope they win next week.

4 Likes

We’re fucking Jekyll and Hyde and our mettle is a bit wake but we’d have it no other way

1 Like

Darkest just before the dawn and all that. Kildare are way better than this. Get the right manager in charge and they will make up a lot of ground very quickly. Brian Flanagan maybe?

1 Like

We’ll aim for Malachy O’Rourke and probably end up with Colm O’Rourke.

Kildare should aim for Jim Gavin. Gentleman Jim’s dedication to his role in the Football Rules Committee shows he’s itching to get back into inter-county football.

Jim Gavin managing Kildare would be a form of missionary work to save the Leinster Championship, and to save the game as a whole.

Few people in Dublin would have a problem with it. On the contrary, the prospect of having an actual opponent would be welcomed.

1 Like

Micko made Kildare great once before. He can do it again

I’d be surprised if we ever see Jim back managing anyone other than a Dublin team or a Ballyboden or kilmacud type club team

I could see him managing a Dublin under age team in future but not a big Dublin club team. That would be treason.

I would love to see him manage Kildare. It would make sense geographically and it would be BOX OFFICE and great for the game. You’d get 82k at Dublin v Kildare again.

His kids play with Boden so that could be a runner.

It’ll be Jason Sherlock.

He’s a clever man , he’ll go where the numbers and potential is . Once big clubs get organised , which I imagine is Jim’s strength , there’s a great chance they win things

1 Like

Croke Park is fucking rocking lads

2 Likes

Jesus the atmosphere in Croker here is like a cuman na bunscoil game .its Fcukin dead.sad to see how far Laois have fallen.

1 Like

Laois’s shock victory over Kildare in the previous round has massively captured the imagination of the Laois public, as can be seen in the support they have at Croke Park today.

The crowd at Cumann na mBunscoil games are at least very enthusiastic, so it’s a bad comparison.