Teach an Mhadra

A Thread to list trips to the Doghouse.

Teach an Mhadra lads. Im in it. In a biiig way. I’d a big night out last night. I was late home. Wasnt helped by the fact that i fell asleep on the bus home and woke up in clongriffin. Old habits. Wasnt helped by mrs j getting a fright and leaping out of the bed at 4am when i went upstairs, thus waking the entire house. And then she got up and got the kids to school today while i was asleep.
It’d all be grand really except im going on the lash again today with the brothers in law. At 2pm. And i cant pick up the kids from school. The daggers are being thrown non stop at me every time she’s seen me this morning.

37 Likes

Just tell her she’s living rent free under your roof. This invariably changes the attitude.
Look what it did for mason greenwood

4 Likes

Excellent advice. Would you consider setting up a marital advice service? Yourself and @glenshane would be a whopper team.

6 Likes

I would.
Also tell her she’s not getting any tonight with that attitude.

2 Likes

The “with the brothers in law” bit was a fantastic turn of events in the story.

If only more lads made the effort with their in-laws as you do then we’d be in a better place in this country. Sterling work.

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Its a double edged sword. You’ve the pass but at the same time all stories can be cross checked with the sisters. I came home from Istanbul in a jocker and was sick for 2 weeks and got no sympathy.

1 Like

Look. Wimmin are a cold, calculating and merciless bunch. She’s decided to send you out the door with a flea in your ear, as both punishment and as an exercise in the exertion of power and dominance. It’s up to you whether or not you dislodge the flea and go ahead and enjoy a pleasant relaxed evening of banter and friendship, an evening which she would happily impinge upon. Would you do this to her, or would you think of some random act of consideration with which you could enhance her evening…a complimentary bottle of champagne at the restaurant, or an insistence that she lie in the following morning?
Basically you’re trapped in an abusive relationship. You’ve two options open to you; either set yourself free by not giving a damn, or succumb and accept the very defeat of your very self…
But whatever you do make sure and explain what @glenshane has said about the situation.

5 Likes

Its what St Brigid would have wanted, godspeed

1 Like

You may as well give it holly so, today. You can extract yourself from the kennel tomorrow!

I might ask you about Istanbul at some stage? Been on the list for a good while.

1 Like

In fairness you should give the session today a swerve.

1 Like

When you’re in a hole stop digging. Or curtail it to a couple of pints

2 Likes

Out of a Thursday and a 2:30 all days session on a Friday. We’re definitely into February

1 Like

He wants both sides of his cake buttered here.

The poor woman running a house, working a full time job and she has to mind this fella on top of the kids.

He’d do well to make a grand gesture if he does tip off with the boys. At the very least he should have her tea made for her or an order placed with her favourite takeout so she can put her feet up this evening.

6 Likes

Haven’t been for 20 years but well worth it

Thats a slippery slope, next thing you’ll be wearing matching Christmas pyjamas

1 Like

Nonsense. Might as well get hung for a sheep as a lamb.

5 Likes

He should pick up the kids today. It’s the least he could do after spending the night leering at Bronagh Gallagher

8 Likes

You’re right. I should. But ive a meeting in town pre piints. And i do more than my fair share of the pick ups. It’s an unfortunate run of events and I’ll get battered for it but thats how it is.

Also, i did no leering at BG. Shure we’re old colleagues…

1 Like