Teachers

Well done mate.

My kids teacher is a dynamo. My small one was beaming tonight that she got a video saying well done from her teacher for the work today

6 Likes

I dropped a laptop and some colouring pencils up to Lenihan Avenue earlier, just hope that they don’t use one on the other, nothing would surprise me.

I’m calling it a day now, this is madness, who ever even heard of a 9 hour day like :man_shrugging:

1 Like

One will be fucked in the bin and one will be sold on ebay :grinning:

Fair play mate.

I would not fancy being a school teacher, or a parent of school goers, during all of this.

Ye all have my respect and empathy

2 Likes

Ah I don’t know lads. My young one got her work today on seesaw and was delighted. Thought it would take half the day… Took about 2 and a half hours. We fucked off for a walk in the middle off it down the land. She probably learnt more doing that to be honest.
I’m luck or unlucky to be still off so I’ve the time to put into it. She’s already looking forward to tomorrow.
Don’t underestimate what teachers do. They may have long holidays etc but it can’t be easy teaching a class of young kids all day. We’re lucky that her teacher is young, approachable and is very good at her job.

5 Likes

Just the one. But primary kids in classes 1-3 here are going back next week.

Do the math on case numbers and how long it takes to get them down… best case scenario is after the mid term. That’s around 22nd Feb I think…

Telpis, the daughter had 4 teachers last year so, that plus covid, her class missed a lot. They’re trying to make up for it this year. She honestly put more work in today than I did. She’d a full day from 9-530 with a zoom meeting in the morning to check all.her work completed.

She’s fucking 10. This a jokeshop

3 Likes

Teachers are some cunts, you can imagine whoever wrote that leaning back and dreaming of what all rules could they make up. Lovely rules.

Not sure I can blame the teachers solely. But as a system, there was enough time to figure a better solution than what we’re facing down the barrel of.

But yeah, the teacher again could have at least dressed the communication in something the kids tentatively buy into not immediately retract from after reading

9 to half 5 working non stop?? Something doesn’t sound right there. Are you sure she wasn’t bollixing round on YouTube for 3/4 of that?

Not non stop. Break for small and big lunch, 30 mins Joe wicks. Other than that, work set that took all day and she sat beside me at the table. I had my morning shite bang on 9 and she was well into work. I finished to go get stuff for dinner at 430/walk the dog and she was still there at 530.

For reasons not worth getting into, I’m on the mammy’s WhatsApp group for her class and there are some baying for heads on a pike.

That child will do great things.

But seriously, the teacher doesn’t want everything done in that scenario, it’s likely that he or she misjudged them amount of work, my 9 year old had a savage workload but she did about half of it and that’ll do just fine.
It is difficult to get the amount right, plenty would complain if it wasn’t enough believe it or not.
The weather was shit today but believe me, they’d be as well off outside playing or reading a book or playing board games or Lego or whatever.
Don’t stress about the small ones, reading is the big one, and chatting, helping about the house etc, it’s all about skills,

12 Likes

It’s missing the final page which had a couple.last things she must have had on the table when finishing for the afternoon.

She’s far better application than her Oldman sitting the other side of her but this.isnt sustainable or, from a parent’s perspective, welcomed.

My young ones teacher plays on the team I’m involved with.

So he either plays ball for the next few weeks or he won’t play ball for the summer.

7 Likes

Best buckle in for the long haul lads, this thing ain’t goin’ away any time soon.
Nobody said it was going to be easy, nerves being stretched already and it’s only Monday.

From the teaching perspective all my grandchildren’s 3rd words were the same thanks to my diligent coaching.

Mama,
Dada,

Shite.

3 Likes

School up here sent an update last week saying department confirmed it would be shut until at least Feb 22nd, wouldn’t expect it to be any different down south. Could have managed until Feb 1st but the “essential worker” card was played fairly lively when that notice came through and ours showed up to school today.

1 Like

I genuinely don’t see them going back until march and can see why.

What’s infuriating is the amount of time they had to plan for contingencies and instead we’re back to exactly where we were nearly 12 months ago.

Ironic schooling at home again but nothing learned.

2 Likes

Good few schools in the O6 open for essential workers kids I think.

All of them have to be I think. No teachers in the schools though, classroom assistants running it all.

1 Like