Teachers

I’ve great regard for nurses. I don’t know how they do it. And I think they are criminally underpaid.
I’ve never been in contact with a social worker or a desk monkey at an mnc so I can’t really comment on how tough their job is.

3 Likes

None as tough as teaching.

Why??

I don’t see many teachers leaving the profession so can’t be too tough.

Teachers have to hold the attention of and educate 30 kids. The ratio of workers to children in a crèche goes from 1:3 to 1:8 as the kids get older and there isn’t the same pressure to educate. So I’d say it’s a much easier job yes.

4 Likes

Where did you get your stats from?

It’s a vocation. Like nursing.

Creche workers do 40 hr weeks, have no job security, pension benefits, greater stress I’d say, paid minimum wage, work through the summer etc.

4 Likes

They may do but it’s still a much easier job, which is why it’s minimum wage.

Nurses don’t hold the country to ransom on a routine basis.

I disagree. I think teaching is far easier.

1 Like

Have nurses never threatened industrial action?

Well you are of course entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

Does your 8-12 year old need more supervision than your 2-4 year old?

Supervision doing what? English, Irish, math, science, history, Geography, PE, Art , sex ed etc. etc? - yes, i’d say far more supervision as 2-4 year olds wouldn’t be capable of much except playing in a confined space.

8 year olds do sex ed?

The last public sector pay agreement was effectively broken to give nurses a pay rise …

There’s at least 3 on this site alone! For a site with 25 lads and one woman that’s a huge percentage!

2 Likes

How long did they spend at it and are they still based in Ireland?

11-12… falls within your bracket.