Teachers

It’s a pity @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy is so perturbed by the teaching profession because he’d make a great addition to any school debating coaching team.

In a given period yes but how does that work out over a lifetime ?

That’s a separate point alright, ya, the one job deal, but I was thinking on the lines of it showing teachers don’t earn a fortune.

As I read through, there’s nobody saying they are!

I couldn’t give two fucks mate, I’m minted

Teachers earn every penny they make and should get more dealing with our brats for most of the year

1 Like

I think people are being a quite unfair.

He never played the poor mouth. He just said he earned more as a tiler than as a teacher, and that supporting a whole family on a teacher’s salary alone would be challenging, but that it works for him and his life is better as a teacher even with the lower salary.

That all seems entirely reasonable.

The efforts some lads go to find an argument or distort what others say to create an argument is remarkable.

9 Likes

He really wouldn’t.

Can you imagine him sticking to his allotted speaking time, or responding to the other team by roaring his same points over and over again but louder?

1 Like

All I’m saying is it’s first world problems …teacher is a good wage over a lifetime .

If he isn’t playing the poor mouth, then I don’t know what playing the poor mouth is. Basically saying he can only get by because his wife has a good job when thousands of people get by on a teacher’s salary that is well above the average salary with unbelievable perks

1 Like

Eye Rolling GIF by memecandy

Which doesn’t contradict anything he said. Your another fella trotting out the poor mouth line.

It’s like people are allergic to balance.

He didn’t actually say that you’re being an imbecile.

At his current standard of living. Thats his point.

If anything he is bragging. He is a very lucky man to be content in what he does.

1 Like

He said he couldn’t afford to be a teacher if circumstances were different …my counter was a lot of people in similar circumstances would gladly take a teachers wage .that’s balance .

Really, the helen Lovejoy argument? Fucking hell

I merely said that I could quite easily make a better living, and if i wasn’t in such a privileged position then teaching wouldn’t be a wide choice,
What sort of fella would I be if I was indulging myself by working in a job that paid 650 a week after 7 years when I could quite easily earn close to 1500 a week doing something else.
If you want to challenge my posts then you’ll need to understand they were made in a certain context, I’m not paying the poor mouth because that would be stupid.
Teaching is a lovely job, but an educated man in his mid 40s esarning 650 a week isn’t boasting about it

2 Likes

All I’m saying is when you factor in everything, increments, pensions, promotion opportunities etc you are not doing as bad as you may think and things even out over a lifetime . .in my job I am in receipt of information on what a lot of people actually earn and what they have to do to get that…

Promotion opportunities? You could go 40 years teaching and never get a principals gig

And you can also be a principal in your mid 30s …go figure …

So there is one promotion opportunity per school? Awesome

If a lad is pulling in a grand a day over consultancy then they would be lucky to see 600 of that net.

They also have costs and risks associated with their work that an employee and a public sector employee certainly would not. Not surprised to see you try and conflate things again.