Teachers

Have you ever had an intelligent post on here, ever had an original thought or contribution to this forum?

Is there any potential there that you could off the forum something more than a lame, nonsensical one liner.

You came in here pretending to know about mortgages and exited left of stage as soon as you were asked a few questions on it. It’s clear you have no real life experiences.

1 Like

Have you nothing to back up your outlandish claim at all?

Anything?

Outlandish claim?

They are very accurate. You were called out on it by @gman.

You then said

This is just horseshit of the highest order and @gman corrected you on it. I also asked you a question on it and you can’t answer it. How is it easy for a self-employed tradesman to get a mortgage? What can he possibly secure against it that will satisfy a bank versus someone in secure employment.

Now we can actually discuss like two adults or you can revert to type, go for the nonsensical empty one liner and avoid the issue.

Didn’t @Gman confirm he got a mortgage?

With great difficulty.

That was more due to covid-19 rather than being self employed. Plenty of private sector struggling to get mortgages too if any hint of pup.

@backinatracksuit I might need a bit of tiling done during the summer. Could you give me a dig out at mates rates? We can go for a trail run after it as well

3 Likes

In the months of July and August I don’t get out of bed for less than a grand.

16 Likes

cc @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy

Should be quite easy copy & paste where I made this claim you’ve wet yourself over? I can’t find any evidence.

Are you speaking for @gman. He can clarify it if he wants but it’s far more difficult to get a mortgage if you are self-employed and if you know any self-employed tradesmen then maybe you should ask them.

The issue with being self-employed as an idiot like @carryharry wouldn’t understand is that your income is not guaranteed as it would be in an employee. Tradesmen will typically work as sole traders, they generally don’t have a flat wage hitting their bank account every week, they are paid job to job and for some jobs they could go weeks without payment. The banks look at this, they look at periods where and seasonal aspects where work can be busy or slow and this severely impacts their likelihood to lend.

It’s grand for the underpant sniffer to come on here pretending he knows what he is talking about but it’s very easy call him out on it and it’s clear he no longer wants to engage after that’s been done.

Oh for fuck sake :rofl:

Here.

You’re there finally

1 Like

You are entitled to your opinion and fair play, I am not going to attempt to change your mind or opinion on teachers. And for the most part I agree with a lot of your points.

I want to take issue with the 3000 less hours worked.
This weekend I’ve spent a grand total of 18 hours on the laptop. That’s included,
planning, developing lessons (if you see the amount of shite the department expect in these), lesson plans that differentiate for higher and lower order students, schemes, assessments, preparing for parent teacher meetings due this week, the rest of the time was updating existing plans, sorting out report cards and coming up with interesting themes for the week for all students. That’s not extra work, that’s work that needs to be done. Not giving out about it. It’s just a fact of the weekend.

Now that excludes being on any Board of Management, Parent Association or other fundraising committees that may be needed for the school. That also excludes the demands on principals.

For some they can just leave work, after doing their 9-5 and forget about it.
Last night at 9, I was still on the phone to the principal about various incidents that occurred last week and how best to approach them for the benefit of everyone going forward this week.

So just because I land in the school at 8:30 and I’m in the door at home at 3:30, the work doesn’t stop. It’s the same every night. Planning, writing up assessments, developing the schemes, many nights after we do dinner time, bath time and bed time here with young lad. There is at least another 2 hours work there in the evenings. That is also excluding my own college assignments and webinars.

So yes. I am in school, 3000 hours less. But by God the work doesn’t stop when you come home. And if you seriously think that. You are badly mistaken.

My brother is a secondary school teacher for the past 10 years and he’s still the same. Many out of hours work. But that’s the nature of the job. We prefer to come home to our family and do our work in the comfort of our own home. Its necessary to do that work to be the best teacher you can be.

Now in your quest for change, I would be more than happy to not be paid for my holidays.

I’d be more than happy if you wanted to put all teachers on the minimum wage too.

I’ve started with fuck all money, so I’m used to living and getting by on nothing. As long as I’ve enough money to put food on the table and clothes on our backs that’s me sorted.

Again, I agree with a lot of your sentiments, nurses should be paid more and that’s a given. No argument.
I don’t agree with any of these threats of strike, and mainly it seems to be them useless union types, particularly them ASTI fuckers, who Colm ó Rourke once described as the DUP, who throw the toys out of the pram every chance they get.

As a new teacher making my way, I view these ones in the unions with distain, same as those teachers who constantly look for attention on twitter, same as the older teachers hording jobs, holding on to try get an extra top up on their pension.

My own missus has had her business closed for the year, not able to get the PUP due to changes from government, and not able to even get a e5000 loan to buy a car. So we know all to well about self employment here too.

Anyway, that’s enough from me.

21 Likes

I was there from the start. Maybe you guys are illiterate but this was my original post

I never said he couldn’t get a mortgage. I said he found it incredibly difficult.

Maybe you and the underpant sniffer could learn how to read next time out.

Not unique to teachers. Many professions and employees put lots of extra unpaid hours in - many don’t.

Many teachers will, many teachers won’t.

I think teachers are extremely well looked after as is. A teacher will earn over the avg industrial wage for over 90% of their career in all likelihood, they have great holiday leave, great pension benefits, and less working hours, they have great job security.

In my opinion they are the best looked after grouping in terms of employment. I don’t like the victim card they constantly play that they are not looked after and deserve, they are at the bottom of the list when it comes to deserving more.

Now if they are that disillusioned in their work they can do what most people in the private sector have to do, find another employer or another career or just get on with it.

Are there many jobs with low pay that have to work additional hours on evenings/weekend?

Yes.

Try again mate. Are you feeling okay by the way?

Throw out a few there pal.