Teachers

more whataboutery - we’re on to striking now.

You still haven’t answered my question.

so you think teaching is an important profession?

Ah, whiskeys… Well done.

Methinks you must be a failed hack, or something, in that hackery approximates to ‘the predictably boring’. And you seem to be terribly attentive to my musings, for some reason.

Amazing how obsessed lads here are with all things journo. Believe me: ye need not be. Most of them are as every bit as tedious and mediocre as you. And Joe O’Connor admirers.

Meanwhile you were not at all on my radar. Now I know better. Then again, I am not an e-men’s shed type.

Carry on hackling, so to speak. You are a bit better at it than yer man.

You probably even know what 52 minus… Ah, never mind. You are a busy man.

I’d agree

You can link anything.

Is it? It’s a first world country so it should be one of the best really.

You don’t see an issue with teachers propensity to strike and forego their duties when they are extremely well paid. Have a look at the payscales in the UK compared to Irish teachers, it’s quite a significant gap.

Irish employment law. Do you think striking is illegal?

1 Like

Have a look at the quality in education in the UK and Ireland, it’s quite a significant gap

So you want all teachers to be underpaid, miserable and useless?

You can’t.

You are durable, I will give you that.

No.

What I am asking you is to put to some flesh on your viewpoint and substantiate rather than just land out some daft analogies.

The pro rata rate for a primary school teacher with a full time private sector job is €70k-105k.

They are extremely well paid, they have short working weeks, they have huge extended holidays, they have a big pension guaranteed, they have job security, they have guaranteed pay rises.

What does a minimum wage, zero hour contract worker have?

Who deserves more supports?

You can.

I can link Hitler with Paddington Bear because they wore a similar shade of brown.

1 Like

That is the same for ever conceivable job bar finance, and finance only gets so well renumerated in the UK because of scale. It what I think may actually trip Ireland up in the very long run, but that’s a different argument.
Trouble is, higher pay scale but higher tax (I think), higher living costs. Nonetheless most everyone I know who moves from the UK to Ireland are taken aback by the levels of relative wealth.

I think it would lose most people their job.

You can alright.

so no teacher can complain about anything because there are zero hour contract workers? Is that your logic, really?

This is a societal issue rather than a teaching one. My pal who I swim Galway bay with (who wins it every year we do it) is a maths teacher. In his school in inner city Manchester, they were granted special measures to remain open during lockdown to 400 vulnerable pupils. 3 turned up.

1 Like

Pretty much.

Haves and have nots.

In terms or workers teachers are one of the best looked after haves and they selfishly keep looking for more and more and more. They do this by strong arming the government and neglecting their duties.

It’s that sense of entitlement that is wrong. You want the well heeled teachers look after, I differ as I see it as selfish.

I have more sympathy and support for low paid workers who have very poor employment right whereas you see them as a blight.

most societal issues stem from education - poor education or lack of education. If the parents were educated or had motivated teachers for example the cycle could be broken. It’s a loop. Much like this argument.

The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again. This lads mind is not for changing.

1 Like

how can you expect to be taken seriously with shit like this?

You have sympathy for nobody

I don’t think you have any idea of how broken swathes of UK society are, honestly I don’t. It does seem to be slowly improving perhaps, due to the outstanding efforts of the teaching profession, but it’s hard to teach when you’re threatened with a knife.
You cannot teach kids who’s parents are in no way involved nor remotely care, even enough to send them.

1 Like

You’ve refused to address the point.

This is where you have no credibility. You consistently defend the rights of well heeled parts of the haves in society and dismiss low paid workers.

It’s Thatcherite.

you just make up arguments and claim you’ve won. It’s mental.

Best of luck with it

You still haven’t answered my questions