Teachers

There are too many people doing teaching because it’s a doss job. I would remove their three month summer holidays and reduce their pro rate pay.

there is a shortage. there are numerous accounts of permanent positions being advertised but no applicants for the roles. In secondary anyway, just because some teachers are subbing in one subject does not mean there is not a shortage or full time hours in other subjects. There may be too many for one particular subject, but not enough in others. And in a lot of cases, those subbing are actually in unoffical long term hours, just dont have the safety net of the full time role and get paid hourly. Its a serious hourly rate, but this covers the lack of holiday pay.

ah right, you’re one of those types. Apologies, I wont bother anymore with this.

1 Like

Yes, I deal in facts not trying to support overpaid part time employees.

Doesn’t that support my point rather than yours?

No.

It does I’d say. You wouldn’t last ten minutes in a classroom,

Incorrect. There are too many teachers which is why they have all these subbies consistently bitching about job security and on permanent jobs.

Teachers are afraid of work.

We work our jobs, collect our pay, believe were gliding down the highway, when in fact we’re slip sliding away.

Mate, I don’t understand what you’re getting at but I think you’re bitter over something as usual. I would never judge any profession with he same bitterness you show towards teachers, most teachers I know are hard working and take it very seriously,
There is work for every teacher in the country at the moment, permanent work will follow unless they’re no good,
Did you have a bad experience with a teacher because I’d be shocked if you had any understanding of the profession nowadays

1 Like

Why are they always moaning about it.

I think teachers are overpaid, underworked and extremely greedy. They have a sense of entitlement to perks no other jobs get. I don’t appreciate the way they hold the education of children o ransom when they try and get their own way. I think they cause the state a fortune and add to the crisis in homelessness and healthcare with the greed and entitlement.

They remind me of unionists, they will Fuck anyone over to get their way because it’s their entitlement. Could you imagine the war there would be if they were put to work over the summer for the same money?

2 Likes

You haven’t a clue.

Typical uneducated view on everytjing. Teachers, S&C etc.
I know teachers up late regularly enough doing lessons and monthly reports. The fact that you don’t understand the mental strain of dealing with anything up to 38 kids every day is exposes your lack of knowledge on general subject.

I know teachers trying to get into s&c and visa versa.
Yes degrees like sports science will lead to Hdips and people becoming teachers.
Same as all degrees though that have an element of subject in them that schools need. Thats nothing new.

S&C is not a fad. Its an evolving profession. In the UK now and in europe many schools are starting to employ full time S&C Coaches as they are better equipped than PE teachers in alot of cases.

There will be a time soon that primary schools will have a full time PE teacher. This is likely to be a transfer course HDip of some sort. Some of the S&C students and sports science will do this. There is a natural drop off in all degrees of people who do ither things.

And there is a huge need for male teachers. So i am not sure where you are getting that there are too many teachers. It seems tough to nail down a permanent role initially, but there is loads of work there as many schools grow and expand

I had aterrible experiences with teachers (s) but as i became an adult i realised it did not mean them all. He does seem able to mature and grow at all.

1 Like

Ok i was mistaken. You are an awful example.:joy:
But you got those choices after married, mortgage etc. Thats key.

But agree it gets silly re:the trades.

But this kinda proves my point in terms of people doing course with the wind. Career guidence advice based on whats going well now. Its stupid. 3 years and everything can change. People should go with what they are inti as vest they can. Thats not encouraged in ireland but is elsewhere.

Nowhere have i said not to go to college or that its not a good challenge and experience. What i actually said is some industries would prefer leaving certs than people who went thru college. And some people may actually be suited to thag i.e. Accountants.
What people in manageme t positions is various industries/trades say is people come out wiefully prelared for work compared to the past and many course, Nursing being the most obvious, have become too academic.

And some tradesmen would tell you the same. Be much better off in FAS learning about tax and running a business etc than what they do as these are such practically and physically driven roles.

The demand isn’t there.

The bare minimum teachers have to do is risible.

I can’t think of a handier number than teaching. If I had the temperament for it I would have done it.

1 Like

Clueless on the subject so, just pure bitter and full of bluster again.
What did they do to you at all?

with regards the choices, it wasnt necessarily to do with the going well now. That was obviously a factor, much like IT in the early 90’s etc. It was as much to do with my best subjects and ability. I think it would need a serious overhaul and have more practical work in school, kind of an expansion of transition year experience to go down a route of letting students see the real word so to speak. It would be great, tearing down the current system is another matter.

and without wanting to be a pedantic pat, but

are not quite the same! I’d agree with some industries prefer kids out of school, not majority of industries thing college is a load of shite. 2 very different points. I dont want to say backtrack but…:wink:

Is your last point that lads in FAS are actually better getting the academic learning about business models etc or that they are better just doing the practical work? If it is the former, then I’d agree, too many lads come straight out of school, works as a chippy and set up a business and having a fucking clue what they are at and despite being very good workers, they havent a clue how to run a business and lack the necessary skills to keep on top of things. It wouldnt suit all, but it certainly should be encouraged and knowledge widened on it.

Ah thats a bit stupid Mike.

You don’t have the temperment but those that have are lazy and have it handy?

There was an element of handiness way back. But they certainly don’t have that now