Teachers

Plenty would.

You’d turn down a paid day off?

So, the teachers have been told that the school is closed and now they have an extra day off, at the end of the year I assume? Again I don’t think that decision could have been made without a BOM meeting,
But, if it was, you think ‘plenty’ of people would turn down that opportunity, employees??
I think you’re living in cloud cuckoo land, although I’m sure you’ll get plenty here who will say they would, just to have a go off teachers (specifically me😀)

Not at all, but I think plenty would if they felt they were disadvantaging others by doing so.

How specifically would they go about doing that in this case? As in, who or what should be defended or criticized here?
The ‘teachers’ couldn’t have made that decision, if (big if) it has been made then there’s no work for them to turn up to, kicking up a fuss would be a very unpopular thing to do , maybe somebody will.

Still sounds like an anti teacher rumour to me, Board of Management generally makes those decisions, couldn’t have met yesterday

1 Like

Teachers wouldn’t have been allowed into work even if they wanted to. Once the department made the call, if something happened, insurance cover would be void.

1 Like

A lad on the internet heard it from a friend.
Fall the fuck in.

living rent free

https://www.rte.ie/news/education/2022/0103/1269583-covid-ireland-schools/

@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy

A phased return and they can work through the Summer to make up on any lost teaching time would be a fair compromise

1 Like

The majority of teachers I know want to go back, they hate remote teaching. It’s a few bedwetters ruining it for everyone else.

3 Likes

I would guess 99% of teachers would perfer to be in the class but the unions are going rouge again

Scarlet for them.

2 Likes

Ooh lah lah. French communists or a bit risqué?

3 Likes

A lot of teachers reps on twitter, outspoken teachers/ SNAs are very annoyed about going back.
Simon Lewis is somebody I’d have a lot of respect for, lazy he is certainly not, and he’s leading the charge, he has a huge following.

Jesus I’ll be gutted if they announce we’re staying home, I’m shitting it, it’s absolutely awful

6 Likes

You’d know most of them never left school and worked a real job

4 Likes

What would you classify as a real job?

1 Like

One that requires you to do more than 21.5 hours a week

2 Likes

france train GIF by iDTGV

Youre in the same boat as any teacher I speak to. Like most points on teachers I think the unions go way out there with headlines that reflect poorly on a majority of the membership. Are there teachers concerned certainly. They should feel passed off at the lack of clarity and communication with the return from the goverment considering there will be absences of teachers due to isolating. What do you do with those classes? You can’t mix groups etc. Very difficult for any school

1 Like