Teachers

Another brain fart? :grinning:

Isn’t Kiely is a secondary school principal?

If he is, then it’s something I learned today.

Sure he has a good sized backroom team, and a grand set of manufactured hurlers to do all the work for him

1 Like

Principal of The abbey in Fuck Tipp

Bank Holiday over here.

Not every hero wears a cape

He’s a superb delegator. One in a million really.

2 Likes

Isn’t it in Spain where its actually seen as Christmas day rather than the 25th?

Orthodox countries

3 kings day

1 Like

I live very close to where I work, I’d often pass at 7 or 8 in the evening and his car is still there, solitary light on in the school, back in at 8 every morning, and he lives 30 miles away, often in during school holidays as well.

Still finds time to coach a few teams and is heavily involved in amateur dramatics, some people :man_shrugging:

But I wouldn’t do it for gold, you get tick all if the good parts of teaching and all the headaches, a shitty job.

5 Likes

You’ve clearly never been on a picket line, losing wages each day.

1 Like

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/124588/

3 Likes

Try striking for five months like the Post Office lads did in 1979.

4 Likes

Is that how you had your first taste of swan?

It’s a huge undertaking really. Very tough job anyway but especially if one gets caught underneath an issue. I dont understand why but fellas are breaking the door down to do it. It’s very prestigious still. That retired principal who died in Corbally lately was a brilliant fella from what I’ve heard.

1 Like

I’d like to use this thread to thank all the teachers out there for their bravery and everything they do for society.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Didn’t know him, I know his successor alright, a nice fella.

But even then I bet there’s hundreds of people out Corbally way who’d read him for something that he couldn’t do or solve. An awful job,

1 Like

If the schools didn’t go back we’d have been up shit creek and could have written off 20’2. The teachers are after doing the country a huge turn.

3 Likes

The scale of that school, you’re dead right and it’s probably worse in the smaller places! Absolutely, so many situations you can’t do right for wrong . I’ve found any of them I ever met very impressive to be honest. I think it’s a great thing local teachers living close to school but can see why people don’t as well.