Teachers

My sister in law is a VP in Dublin,she’s been offered a few principal jobs over the last few years but has flat out refused them.

Kiely has a top class Vice Principal to delegate to cc @endakenny @Fat_Pox

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

13 teachers out in the school in Drom.

Email sent today to parents saying they might have to keep some years at home as they don’t have the teachers for all classes and to prioritise the exam students.

My brother is doing his leaving cert this year and had no teacher for 4 of his classes today.

2 Likes

No offence to any of our teacher posters but this is very good

1 Like

What’s the gist of it? It’s 12 minutes long, I haven’t got the attention span for that.

Norm McDonald - the comedians comedian

It’s a piece on “teachers are the real heroes” and a teacher heckles him and he goes to town

Real heroes of what? Is it a Covid thing?

Pre Covid

Don’t think I’ve ever heard a broadcaster who dislikes a profession as much as Pat Kenny does teachers.

No attempt to conceal it either.

3 Likes

I don’t get the issue with teachers at all. You couldn’t pay me enough to deal with a bunch off little cunts like me when we were in school.

10 Likes

It’s common knowledge with PK but I hadn’t heard him at it in a few years.

It’s a great job 95% of the time and a good deal but fuck it, when things go sideways twould break your heart.

3 Likes

You’d want to be blessed with the patience of a saint anyway.

1 Like

He really hates unions, was it the teachers or the teachers unions he was after?

1 Like

Seemed very caught up over the conditions of the job and the perks really.

Comparing hours worked with other careers was the usual silver bullet. Went about it completely through listener emails. One email said teachers were effectively on €40-per-hour (possibly some nearly are, depending?), then a few comparisons with Junior Doctors and so on. Basically read 5 or 6 emails in this vein.

Did a bit of devils advocat stuff then himself re preparation time for balance.

Did a good job of making INTO demands look unreasonable. I’d agree he doesn’t like unions.

I remember something similar with the Luas crowd. I’d get the feeling he particularly enjoys it.

I think these big public meetings are counter productive at this stage. There was a primary teacher on the news there talking about rising living costs, but sure its the same for everyone. Its always the edit they’ll take as well. Bad PR for the whole profession.

The actual demands havent been specified by INTO either I don’t think!

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2022/0922/1324857-teachers-ireland/

Interesting, but not surprising, to hear that applicant posts for teachers in Dublin is significantly down. I’d imagine it is very difficult for a young teacher to rent and work in Dublin, as it is for many professions.

1 Like

I’d imagine there has been a tonne of permanent positons available up there that can’t be filled.