Teachers

The switchover is generally midweek alright,
You’ve good teachers and bad and most in the middle so I don’t think it’s any worse than any other random arrangement myself

Unfortunately their own kid is more important to them if it is a case of young mothers wanting to spend more time with them.

I’d say it’ll only lead to things being driven on more in-class and no corners cut with planning, resources and attention to detail. Kids will be getting the benefit and perspective of 2 teachers etc. See how ye find it. It might be better. The kids will get used to the timetable.

2 Likes

Always thought one week on, one week off would be better myself

Cuthbert is an excellent principal I hear from relatives.

1 Like

Its definitely gone very common in big schools and will become even more so I’d say. Could totally see why young mothers are availing of it. 8 people in our place doing it.

1 Like

Id say the 2 are fairly closely linked pal

My young fella is just done first class. He had 2 teachers this year on the job share
3 in seniors, a lady who went on maternity leave and then a different sub for each of the terms post Xmas
In juniors he had a different lady who went on mat leave and a succession of subs for a month here and there incl a few trainees from Mary I

We heard the other day he is getting a teacher who is new to the school but is supposed to be excellent. I know her and met her at weekend and she is visibly pregnant

I wouldn’t envy the principals job but another year of disruption for that group could have been easily avoided

1 Like

Sure is, Cubby knows his stuff, kids love him
That’s my old school as well
Was in the v first class in 1963/4

1 Like
3 Likes

Definitely a few know it alls here could go in and teach the whole syllabus I’d say

3 Likes

Over half the starting Kerry team tomorrow are teachers

Like a lot of public services in Ireland, schools are run for the benefit of its staff more than the learners.

1 Like

Id be fairly pissed off if one qas a teacher to my kids

So why did you want to be a teacher? A passion for education or an empathy with kids?

No, the hours allowed me to focus on my hobby

2 Likes

Yeah it will be tough for the kids in school on Monday morning finding out their teacher is out sick with a hangover.

It’s a very uncomfortable truth in some cases but then you see the benefit when said teacher is on the line in Croker for a Cuman na bunscoil final

Huh?

1 Like

Most people become teachers for holidays

1 Like

The three best things about secondary teaching;

1. June
  2. July
  3. August
8 Likes

My eldest is 25, teaching the last 2 years and is permanent now in his school,he’s loving the holidays, not huge money but he’s off our payroll🤣

8 Likes