Teachers

i know 2 apprentice brickies, an apprentice sparky, and a few lads just out of various apprenticeships all in a small area of east cork. There’s any amount of welders because of the refinery

2 Likes

I wonder will they still be at that in a few years though.

Maybe it’s just Limerick but there’s so many people in these factories now.

Another 1000 jobs going in Eli Lilly too.

He moves with the horsey set, of course he doesn’t know any tradesmen.

I know a pile of young lads doing trades.

4 Likes

I think 70% of the Leaving Certs lads past year from my old secondary are going into a trade. The days of arsing about in Arts degrees are gone. They can enjoy the college lifestyle while making decent money while learning the ropes as a sparky.

Rian O’Neill (an Electrician) was recently asked if he regretted not being a Teacher when he see’s so many of his teammates on holidays during the summer.

He said, sometimes but then when he looks at his Bank Account those thoughts quickly evaporate. Tradesmen are raking in the cash i would say.

6 Likes

Getting in with a trade to one of these big multinational factories is the golden ticket

3 Likes

You are doing a fine service to the country. Id do it myself if i could

I know a spark pulling 130k out of one of those places. Not killed with work either

2 Likes

Isn’t that exactly my point.

Any of the good fellas end up in these factories.

No it’s the exact opposite of your point.
These people are doing their trade in the factory.
Not one or the other.

1 Like

He is in facilities and works as an industrial electrician. Brings power to machines, tests plugs and sockets, changes light fixtures ect. Nothing to do with production but not difficult work either.

But not really available Joe to soap.

I know a few electricians but they’re all working in regeneron now.

I could list 30 people I know inside there at this stage.

I couldn’t name one tradesman under the age of 35.

What are they doing in regeneron?

1 Like

Avarice is a sin mate

One of my friends is in there and their motto is arrive on time, take your time and leave on time.

I think he gets 50 quid a week on top if he turns up on time.

The money in those places is crazy when you consider you don’t really take the work home with you compared to say a nurse or a teacher

Mostly on the line. Good few do night shifts.

On the line?

Think it’s like a series of little computers/work screens of sorts I’m not sure really sure.

You don’t need to be qualified in anything particularly from what I can see

So he’s not an Electrician?

He was qualified as one but got a job in there.

I think there is maintenance electricians in their full time but their lynch employed by some other company who’ve the contract because I know a few of those as well.