Teachers

If he was real the mixer walsh would have him ate by now

2 Likes

I’ve read the last 500 posts and I must say I’m convinced by @Cicero_Dandi arguments here.

2 Likes

Smithers will have competition. The cult of cicero.

Is Brain Cox the 2019 version of that Peterson lad?

Nope. Cicero wanted to but then he ran away.

They’ve both got an ology , i suppose so

Unless of course the sheep herders was accessing an infinite source of knowledge which the scientists are not.

Cox has had a significant profile for years. His show about the workings of the universe is class…think it’s on Netflix.

And that doesn’t even pro rata the fact teachers only work 8/9 months a year!!

I know I shouldn’t but that article assumes (incorrectly) that graduates are on a full time 22 hour contract. The reality is far different.

2 Likes

Great to read… You couldnt pay teachers enough.

2 Likes

And you assume they aren’t.

It was much better years ago when the Christian Brothers and the Nuns educated the children of eireann. They sought nothing.

Liberals and the greasy till have ruined Ireland. I’m saddened, this is not the country of my birth.

God bless you all.

2 Likes

Hilarious. On 41k a year. Lives in Dublin, works in Meath, has to avail of public transport to work

Mondays starts work at 8 30am and back home in Dublin at 3pm.

Tuesday, back in Dublin at 2pm.

Wednesday, back in Dublin at 2.30pm

Thursday, leaves work at 1.40pm.

Friday, leave work at 12.45pm.

:grinning: :rofl:

And lads on here spinning bullshit about the big hours they do? :rofl:

2 Likes

That article seems to say the survey found 93% of graduates from education courses were in employment, and their average salary was close to €39k. Looking at it from over here in England, that’s an incredible wage for 22-23 year olds to be starting out on.

1 Like

They’ll spin some bullshit about all the “extra” work they do. Look at the journal article above, doing 3/4 hour days for 8/9 months a year and getting paid 41k a year. Roundly flattens all the “poor me” shit you have to listen from teachers.

Are you working today mate?
I’ve a well deserved week off, who are the ‘poor me’ teachers you refer to?

3 Likes

How do they define this “extra work”? If they include correcting homework or tests would this not be considered “normal work” for a teacher?

Enjoy your well earned week off mate.

1 Like