Teachers

Teachers are great. People dont realize how tough they have it

2 Likes

It’s a privilege really, I didn’t listen to Wrighty there but I had a teacher in primary school for three years that made an enormous impression on me

1 Like

I met a primary school teacher who had an enormous impression on me too

Same boy we had one who actually cared about us,our country and heritage ,a class above some I met later but on the whole they were decent

The little lady’s teacher has organised a class quiz here for all the little ones to see each other. The little lady is buzzing. Its wonderful. I hope the teacher is getting paid overtime.

7 Likes

Ah that’s brilliant… My friend has been trying to come up with all sorts for her class. Teacher’s are amazing.

The educators of this country are doing a great job. Many of them doing it while they’ve kids at home themselves at the same time

1 Like

Heroes don’t always wear capes. @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy

3 Likes

Good teacher worrying about the kids mental health, progressive

I think the majority of teachers are fantastic, know each teacher my smallie had/ has went way above and beyond to make all the kids feel the same

I’ve a cousin who is a primary school teacher. Herself and her husband haven’t had any joy having kids herself, having a number of miscarriages. She’s got about 8 nephews and nieces all primary school age.

After she has all her own online teaching done, she does an extra class for them at 3 or 4 so they can say hello to all their cousins in different parts of the country (Cork, Roscommon, Wicklow) and also do a bit of learning .

6 Likes

Fantastic

That’s unbelievable… I’ve decided just now that I’m going to become a teacher.

1 Like

Brilliant. You’ll make a great teacher. Have you ever heard of Mary I?

2 Likes

The cunt spent long enough in there that he’s banned from the place

Fuck that place.

Anyway, I need honours Irish first… Looks like it’s back to leaving cert for mouse

Cc @ciarancareyshurlingarmy.

You’d be surprised. I was in Mary I a few years back when I bumped into an old colleague and friend. This fella did an Irish language radio show, Irish language TV and even had a diploma in theatre through Irish. I was surprised when he told me he was back doing Primary teaching. I remarked that he mustn’t have had any problems getting in because of the gaeilge, but he informed me he actually got a D in his LC years previously and nearly didn’t get into the course because of it.

That man is now educating the nation’s kids on RTÉ’s School Hub and is one sound skin.

4 Likes

I didn’t think there was any workaround with the honour in Irish?
It’s a piece of piss if you’re serious @Thomas_Brady, honours Irish that is, I did it by myself and got a B1, you’d probably enjoy it somewhat as a mature, nobody does Peig anymore but it’s still an option and is a great little book

1 Like

I know the fella…

I’m in.

I can do the dip at night with Hibernia.

Who wouldn’t want to inspire young kids?