TFK Bogball 2000-2019 Half Back Line

He won the All Ireland for Dublin in 2017 against Mayo for me with those two points in last seven odd minutes.

Just realised that he played in all the 7 All Ireland wins, fucking hell.

I didn’t vote for him but I would again if I had the chance.

Ah here McCarthy didn’t make it. That’s akin to JJ not making the hurling equivalent. Dublins best performing and most important outfield player of the last 10 years. An all time great.

There is going to be an asterix after this team.

He loses out on his versatility and lack of flair in comparison to the others.

He’s also a Dub.

1 Like

The most decorated outfield player in the whole list will fail to make the team. Crazy.

7 All Irelands
5 Leagues
3 paltry All stars

An ever present who put out fires and carried them over the line in games. I’m no fan of the Dubs, but this guy is a thoroughbred.

A lads… tomas o se because you know him from de tele… Jesus wept…absolute farce.

1 Like

All the real Dubs know James McCarthy is the heartbeat of that team.

Footballing royalty.

Anyone who knows their arse from their elbow knows it

Don’t see how it’s possible to leave him out. The guys snuffs out and outscores the opposition’s marquee forward in all Ireland finals and it’s not even a surprise.

1 Like

Philly Jordan was the elite wing back of his era which coincided with Tomas O’Se’s career and O’Se tops the poll and leads him by 32 votes to 1

b0V2ZDV

James McCarthy is not a better player than Lee Keegan or Jack McCaffrey. Great career and player but its as simple as that

1 Like

Lack of flair?? He’s one of the best lads to solo up the field and go through the gears as he needs to… Very few players have that ability to change speed while travelling with the ball…

McCarthy probably suffers much like Gormley did for Tyrone in that he is the one moved about to put out fires whereas the other lads can get on with their games.

Keegan is the same to a certain extent but Keegan sticks out like a sore thumb on that Mayo team.

Astute observers picked Keegan, McCarthy and McCaffrey in the half back line.

2 Likes

He sacrifices himself happily for the process, that won’t get you votes here I’m afraid.

1 Like

So it’s

O’Se
Keegan
McCaffrey

Tomas O’Se? Ye fucking cunts.

Seamus particularly unlucky to miss out here. Just goes to show the wealth of talent we’re dealing with.

Tomas O’Se was a great player. Kerry were in 12 All Irelands in this period, winning 6, and if Fulvio had his way they wouldn’t have a player in the team

3 Likes

Tomas O Se was the best Kerry footballer of the last 20 years by a mile .

When Kerry lost games he was nearly always their best player . He walks on this team and if excluded from this team the concept loses all credibility .

Wouldn’t agree with that one bit but that’s the beauty of these polls…

Tomas O’Se couldn’t mark. His man always caused carnage.

He got destroyed by McConville in 2002. Ryan Mellon was running riot in 2005.

There are lads up there like Jordan, Lacey, Gormley, McCarthy, Keegan, Kevin Cassidy, McGlynn etc who could all contribute as effectively as O’Se going forward but could actually carry out their defensive duties there too.