TFK Casualties of the Corona Virus

El guerrouje vs the Kenyans was a top race too

I remember the oz gp that year 8 finished Schumacher 8th in car falling apart. Absolute carnage

Schumacher in benetton proved how good he was . That lad could drive .

1 Like

Its not as hard as you think, even Bando can do it

1 Like

Was handy for him in Ferrari 00 to 04 best car on grid too. Dont care what anyone says Hamilton couldn’t hold a candle to him in his prime

Not a sport

2 Likes

Better racing back then . Proper skill

V12 engines too some power in those cars

1 Like

Loved F1 as a youngster. Got into it then from the mid 80s to the mid/late 90s. Drifted off it after then

1 Like

Was perfect, watching the racing on a sunday then the gaa on afterwards

2 Likes

When rte lost it kinda dropped off then. Everyone watched it I felt. Massive mad into it as a young fella. Once dragged old fella to a pub in spain to watch a Belgium GP. He was seething.

3 Likes

Peter Collins and who was the other lad RTE used to have doing it? I used love the build up from 12:15 to 1:00 when they’d be going between the teams in the pit lane.

3 Likes

David Kennedy

It was called the Spanish Flu because Spain was the only major European country which reported on the pandemic. Most other countries had severe press censorship in place during WW1, however neutral Spain was able to freely report on the carnage and hence why it was known as Spanish Flu.

3 Likes

Fatboy slim right here right now intro music

If Ferrari had bothered taking a 4th wheel out to him during a pitstop in the Nurburgring he could well have done it. Of course the last thing Ferrari wanted was some latchiko from Oireland who they were only paying a couple of million to win it when they were paying Schumacher mountains of cash. They brought in Mika Salo to replace Schumacher and sure even he made bits of Irvine in a couple of races.

Was Jordan’s peak year. Frentzen was a genuine title contender.

I hated McClaren. I mean I hated them as much as I hated man utd back then .

1 Like

3rd in both drivers and constructors championship great return.

I was a big Kimi Raikkonen man

Won two races in Magny Cours and Monza and had a good few podiums outside of that. Damon Hill won their first race the year before and first top 4 finish in constructors championship. It all went to shit for various reasons quickly after that though.