TFK "feedback" thread on big move

Sandymount_Red

1 Like

I’ve given this new change a chance. Been three or four weeks or whatever but unfortunately this place is not as good as it was before.

The importance of ratings seem to be under appreciated. Since they left the fun has gone out of it. Yeah they were probably childish and petty but they were an integral part of the old place. Might do a rake of posts one day, log out for a few days and then come back to 25 or 30 notifications (mixture of like, agree, dumb, old, informative, well clamped etc) and it was just a bit of craic wading through them thereafter. Now the party is over. The place looks barren. (Again I’ll admit ratings are childish but they were a key component of the place). It was petty but when you hated a poster it was always nice to give someone he was arguing with a well clamped rating to wind the cunt up even more.

The quote function is a disaster. No other way to say it. Zero flow when you can’t see who or what a certain post replies to. It’s probably the worst thing about the new site. The ratings you can get over but is there any way possible the quote function can be changed back? If this reverted back it would be something.

I liked the structure of the pages but you can get over it. Whereas before I’d go back and read the last four or five pages of a thread I liked to catch up now I just read the last seven or eight posts rather than scroll back further on my phone.

The ignore function was useful but again you can get over it. Ideally it would be same option as before.

I’ve tried to be constructive. But in all honesty I hate the new place. In saying that I’m still posting as much bollocks on here as I always did. And probably will continue to post my inane ramblings long into the future.

I reckon there could be a big drop off in posts when the championship season is over though.

9 Likes

His new persona is much more aggressive

Rocko has made me aggressive.

I just quoted you. It works just like before. Doesn’t it?

1 Like

I’m in danger of becoming a Gigi Lentini if the change is not reverted. Please listen to us, @Rocko. We want to go back.

I post almost entirely off the phone. It might be different off a desktop but as far as I can see when using the phone it doesn’t give me an option to quote a post from someone else (the way you quoted mine there)

When looking to reply to another persons post I have to click reply on the bottom right corner - an arrow pointing left just above where it says one person likes this comment or whatever - but it doesn’t quote the original post I am replying to.

Using your phone, Go to the menu and set it to “desktop view”. Like i just did.

1 Like

Informative. Like. Winner. Useful.

Not sure why when typing in the response the text comes up on two sides, though.

Just tried that. Reading threads on mobile is far better on the desktop version.

I clicked on desktop and hit reply but it still didn’t allow me quote @balbec 's post when I was replying to him.

:+1::tophat::ticket::performing_arts::trophy:

When you’re making a post, the “back” and “forward” history buttons above the reply window, like you have in Microsoft Word, and which featured on the old site, are missing from the new site.

While I know there’s an auto-save function, you can still accidentally erase a hefty chunk of text which hasn’t yet been auto-saved and have no way of getting it back.

No. I lost it.

It’s a preview. You can hide it.

agree with all of dodgy keepers post except i never used the ignore function , think its non value added really all posters make up the forum , also the ratings thing, erra these are take it of leave it features
my main issues are the reply function, utter disaster as i documented and the removal of pages, on slow day going over the last 10 pages of the toilet etiquette thread or the office jargon one would give a right old laugh, now ive just no energy or enthusiaasm for it, the whole thing is just very laboured …
FFS i dont even have the mood to start up a prestigous europa league thread, @Tassotti made the fitness thread great entertainment, its all gone to shit

2 Likes

Which one was he?

Still don’t like it, its like rocko is engaging in some sort of habermas experiment

2 Likes

I’m a pretty apathetic content sponge. That fact is deadly dangerous to TFK, because the moment the content creators jump ship, I’ll follow them like the fair-weather fan I am, because I don’t care – at all – where I get my content, or about which corporation or moderators are involved. If TFK compromises its content stream by having mickee321 jump ship, I’m out too, not because I care, but because I don’t.”

1 Like

OK @Locke throw another 50c in the meter and get Irish golf up and running

2 Likes