TFK gaming thread

you should be able to get them on torrents runty but idont know if psn bans consoles like they do on xbl for playing pirated games

What is the timeline of the Call of Duty games?
There was 3 or 4 other games in Gamestop the other day and I was wondering if any if the older ones are any good?

I have Modern Warfare 2 and will hopefully have Black Ops next week, any of the older games, or another series of similar style games worth getting?

Art could you attend to the above post?

picked up black ops at the weekend. may get some practice in before getting whupped online.

as for previous ones, Iā€™d have played a few of them, COD2, World at War, COD4 Modern Warfare, I think. But there is a load of them, 4 WWII games, and 3 modern warfare ones. I found them similar enough in style, but for a few cheap second hand ones itā€™d be alright to pick some of them up.

How good would you have to be to start playing online?
Passing the 3 star levels?

its all about practice and knowing the maps and getting quick kills. best of just launching in at it once you know the controls and skills and get used to it. some people take it really seriously though, so I generally start of on the single player games at the start where no one is relying on you to do anything for the team. those team games can be heated, with dickheads getting pissed off coz no one defended the base, got the flag bla blah bla. And some lads go into maps, find the best sniping spot and just pick off lads all game long. its class to sneak up behind them and kill them.

Sound.
Iā€™m having problems with my router at home anyways so will need to get that sorted first.

Gman, just jump straight into playing online. Team death match is good and is not taking as seriously as those capture the flag and other such shit games, but be prepared to get killed a few million times and if you end up in a game with Artfoley on your, watch your back, he has a habit of stabbing his team mates in back or blowing them up with a grenade, the fucker. GSH has a habit of this as well but I think that is more by accident. :smiley:

Iā€™d definitely get my hands on modern warfare, the original one, cod 3 wasnā€™t bad, a lot of people would say get world at war, i cant stand it to be honest, but a lot of people enjoy the zombies games, thereā€™s something off with the shading, makes it too dark for my liking, and then thereā€™s the shocking multiplayer on WAW.

in short just get original MW.

the trick in multiplayer when starting out is not just to run everywhere, youā€™d be amazed how many kills you get just by parking yourself in a fairly obvious spot, people dont look. if you want start playing online you need to know the mapsa, set up a custom match for just yoursaelf and just have a leisuirely stroll through the map getting bto know the killzones.

as for taz, i only kill my team mates rarely, and purely for entertainment.

on halo taz used to kill more of his team mates than the opposition, and he was trying to kill the other team

:smiley: :smiley:

Yours etc,
GSH.

[quote=ā€œartfoley, post: 533060ā€]

the trick in multiplayer when starting out is not just to run everywhere, youā€™d be amazed how many kills you get just by parking yourself in a fairly obvious spot, people dont look.[/quote] :o Art you are a camper???

Played online there for an hour.
Pain in the hole. Cunts running around stabbing me, and the game seemed never ending. Just kept going from map to map.
Had to quit eventually but it said I would lose any credits gained?

is cod on xbox platform only?

have ps3 but havenā€™t played/ bought new game in two years, so i wanna pick up a decent game to keep me busy over xmas, any reccomendations in the COD mould, perhaps a new one and an old second hand one?

COD is on both the PS3 and XBox

ah super,

1. is there any of the earlier releases i should try out before getting black ops?

2. is it still a very good game even if you donā€™t intend to play online that often?

I just asked the same question as 1) above.

I havenā€™t played Black Ops yet but from what Iā€™ve been reading, the previous game COD2 Modern Warfare is almost just as good. Iā€™ve been playing MW for the past couple of weeks and itā€™s very enjoyable and I only played online for the first time this evening.

did you pick that up second hand? whats the price of a second hand game/2009 release game these days?

It came with the playstation (which I am ā€œmindingā€ for a lad who has emigrated). Some of the big titles would still be selling for 25/30 second hand.

nice one.

there appears to be some form of tfk COD online gamers community, is that where you were playing this evening?

No, I think the others play on x-box