TFK International Business Travel Thread

A good while.15 mins at least on the wrong floor of some sort of tripod system. I nearly ended up in the ladies underwear section in pennyā€™s.

You should fuck off

8 Likes

It happens to the best of us, Iā€™m in NL on bidness and Iā€™ve just spent a good 20 mins wandering around Den Bosch looking for some noodley-chickeny goodness. Itā€™s a humid 26 degrees here and I had no desire for a Clubsandwich met friet or a Americankaasburger met friet which seems to be the pinnacle of Dutch cuisine. Never even occurred to me to just Google it. Anyways, the upshot is Iā€™ve gone for some sort of Latino establishment and am tucking into 3 (three) enchiladas picadillos (spicy). Everyone else is dressed like a Dutch person and I am dressed like an off-duty Jehovahā€™s Witness. I will be sweating and farting every step of the way home.

5 Likes

The Indonesian food is the best thing in the Netherlands

2 Likes

Belgian food and beer is the only good thing in NL. The land that culture forgot.

Iā€™ve picked up a pack of stroopwafels for the night. Theyā€™ll be lovely with a cuppa tae with some milk-powder. (ā€¦?)

1 Like

Theyā€™re shite.

Flight to Milan is full of exchange students and old age roasters over to get a bit of culture. The cunt beside just tried to spark up a conversation there, he can fuck right off

2 Likes

Lads Iā€™ve to go on bidness for a few days from Dublin airport. The Car parks are sold out on my dates and even if I add a day or two!! I presume I can just drive in and park? Will I be gouged to death on my return?

Did you try valet booking - book car wash

You can do it alright but itā€™s risky business as there is a certain quota for drive-ins I think. Are the long terms booked out as well?

Only thing left is short term and they want my first born child and ā‚¬200 odd.
Iā€™m just looking and the day rate for a drive up to Long term is ā‚¬8.50. Thought itā€™d be worse to be honest. Iā€™m on a red eye so hopefully I can find a space.

get the bus

You canā€™t start an important business trip off with a bus ride FFS. Also Iā€™ve bidness stuff to bring with me.

2 Likes

youā€™re fucked so

I am.

I always park in Short Term on bidness. Iā€™d be amazed if the Long Term is sold out, the blue carpark is just a huge expanse of gravel.

Ya they probably just cut it off to gouge apes like me who donā€™t book in time. Iā€™m away the bones of a week so canā€™t see them coughing up for short term.

Try a few of the hotels near the airport. They do good stay and park deals. Canā€™t remember which one I saw advertised recently. They do shuttle buses to and from the hotel too.

Cheers mate. Thought of that but they all seem to be gone. Iā€™m probably just booking too late, but the economy must be booming. :pint: