TFK International Business Travel Thread

What’s the timing for US flights in DUB pre clearance these days

Its absolute insanity not to fly from Shannon

2 Likes

I got through the security and interview bit in around 15 mins back in early December

1 Like

I got stuck behind some gom at the interview desk last time I flew, who was explaining to the expressionless immigration officer how he was going out to meet up with a pal and they’d be going around together looking at horses to buy. He got himself wrapped up in knots and was eventually brought to the room where I presume they tell you in private that you can get fucked if you think you are getting into their fine country and they pull the trap door and drop you back to departures.

Wasted about 20 minutes of my day.

4 Likes

Why couldn’t he just say he was going meeting up with a friend and they were going sightseeing?

Couldn’t understand it myself. Maybe he thought that the officer would be impressed that he aspired to be one of the horsey set.

My experience is that you give these people one word answers and nothing to latch onto in terms of unwinding your story.

4 Likes

I’m surprised @Heyyoubehindthebushes got a laugh out of them.
They’re the dourest crowd I have ever met.

1 Like

Enjoy prater

Informative rating.

I hadn’t a clue what he was on about…

I got pulled into that room last April. To say I was shitting it was an understatement- they’ll eventually let me in after grilling me for about 10 mins.

1 Like

What did you say to them?

Told them he was going over to buy a horse.

10 Likes

And coming from a Cat that’s saying something

1 Like

Sad Life GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

That the Romanians were after paying for his hols

Flew into VIE, in Bratislava.

3 Likes

Very jealous. How much is a pint in Bratislavia these days. You are doing awful galivanting lately

We’re in a fancy schmancy restaurant and the beers are €3.60.
Unrale travelling over the next few months :grimacing:

What are the women like? I’ve heard great things but never been

Very little. They asked when I was last in USA and how long and where did I stay. Then asked had I not been there more recently and few other leading questions around purpose of stay, who was I meeting etc. I share the name of an ex Provo. Our air hostess said this is what probably pinged them as she shares same surname as a prominent Dublin crime family and gets pulled in all the time.

4 Likes