TFK International Business Travel Thread

You know you’re in a proper country when the security staff sneer at you for starting to unpack your laptop.

1 Like

They’ve been trialling them in Donegal and Knock apparently. You’d love to know the logic behind that selection

Farranfore had them in September, I assume they still do

1 Like

They’ve been in Shannon for quite a while. Presumably easier to roll out in quieter airports and where only a couple of machines are required. No restriction on liquid volumes either.

1 Like

Rural Ireland showing Urban Ireland how it’s done again. @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy and @Tim_Riggins will be seething

1 Like

I see some crowd from iRadio went from the car to the bar in 6mins 25seconds at Knock airport yesterday.

Unrale.

1 Like

You’d do it in 3 mins in Kerry, absolutely no problem.

You’d nearly do Shannon in 5 mins as well

3 Likes

That’s about standard in knock last few times I’ve been.

Signing in from Dusseldorf, not the most charming cities in the world I would say.

What did you have for the breakfast pal?

Take a wander round the Altstadt - prob the best part of it

Scrambled eggs and a few German sausages, not bad. Off to a trade fair now for the day.

1 Like

Since Sunday
Started in :ireland:, stopover :uk:, land :switzerland:
Pass through :liechtenstein: :de: to :austria: by night train - never again.
Now in :slovakia:
Back to :austria:, stopover :netherlands: to :ireland: tomorrow.
:airplane: :tram: :train: :man_walking: :oncoming_taxi: :bus:
Far too much, too old for this shit.

6 Likes

I hope you are being well paid for it

Drug trafficking is very profitable, but what is your ass worth to you in the long run?

Why won’t they buy you a direct flight?

I’m starting to get direct flights out of Cork to Zurich so at least that’s something. But Cork just doesn’t go to many places, but has connectivity with Heathrow and Amsterdam. The train trip, just way cheaper. We fly through Egencia and they shove you all over the place or else you pay huge amounts to fly direct. Plus a night in Vienna is expensive. €160 for the train but it was from the 1980’s. Had my own cabin but got I’d say 60 mins tops sleep. It was a one off, won’t have to do it again.

A piano pusher rather than player by the looks of it

10 Likes

There’s some fella sitting back somewhere at his island in his dressing gown, looking out at his underground trampoline, sipping on a coffee from beans hes ground himself, checking in on where @locke is, and firing him a “great work, keep tipping away @locke” email.

3 Likes

Is it your company? If not fuck that, if they want you to go somewhere they can pay for it