TFK International Business Travel Thread

Could you work in that the flight was cancelled due to operational issues at Heathrow?

1 Like

Iā€™m on an 11.15 flight now. :rage:

1 Like

Where is your meeting, pal? General area will do.

Yout cortisol levels must be off the charts.

1 Like

London mate.

Near Victoria.

Heathrow is horrible

Youā€™ll do well to make 2pm Iā€™m afraid.

That long walk to the Heathrow Express is the enemy of a traveller under time pressure.

Do keep us posted though, Iā€™ll be checking the thread throughout the morning and afternoon.

2 Likes

My meeting is from 1pm-4pm. My british business friends will be rolling their eyes when I turn up at 1.49pm before announcing Iā€™ve to head off early at around 3.50pm to make my flight home. Similar to the way over, Iā€™ll be fucked if Iā€™m going to wait for a flight around 8pm on the off chance the meeting overruns.

Were you telling me you can just tap at barriers to pay for Heathrow Express & tube these days? I should have looked into this kind of thing.

2 Likes

Youā€™ll be treated like royalty over there.

Theyā€™re mad cunts on the road but no crashes either.

@Bandage on the Guinness since 6am in the airport, the drunken paddy missed his flight and is now desperately looking for a way out

21 Likes

Grab the Elizabeth line from Heathrow. Itā€™s a game changer. You can tap at barriers.

Take it to Hammersmith and change there to get to Victoria.

1 Like

The stereotype is correct, paddy cannot control himself in airports at 6am when pints are available

3 Likes

Yes Apple/Google Pay/bank card is the job. Throw a few quid into your Revolut GBP. I have 23 pound to use up on an Oyster card this weekend but will be binning it after that

Iā€™ll be very disappointed in my great e-pal @Bandage if he doesnā€™t end up at Craven Cottege for the Monday Night Football tonight.

surely LGW is the go to for a victoria area meeting with the victoria express?

1 Like

Surely JFK shouldnā€™t go to Dallas?

Weā€™re here to support @Bandage, not criticise.

1 Like

That would require getting up earlier

6 Likes

not a criticism of bandage, merely guidance for the future and perhaps some subtle shade at the gobdaw that booked his travel

@Bandage could disgrace Ireland at this meeting.

3 Likes