TFK International Business Travel Thread

One of the Indian ladies arrived on yesterday sporting a pair of galoshes she bought in decathlon assuming that they would be fine as safety boots.

6 Likes

It looks like I’ll need to be in Cambridge in a couple of weeks for a midweek meeting at 11am rather than on a Monday at 8.30am.

@Fagan_ODowd I think you’d volunteered to provide logistical & other recommendations. I haven’t checked yet but I’m guessing a red eye from DUB would leave enough time to get there via train from wherever I land, but that would hardly be ideal. I could fly the evening/night before but I don’t like travelling for work on my own time. Life is so unfair.

Fly to Stansted. Short train ride to Cambridge from the airport. Gonville and the University Arms are the two best hotels. Michelin restaurants in the Gonville is the business. The Ibis at the train station is grand as well. Bar at the train station is the finest.

3 Likes

That’s a superb piece of public service INTERNETTING. Thank you.

1 Like

Signing in. Just breezed through DUB enroute to ZRH. @Batigol and the crew have everything humming. Lovely feel of Christmas in the air. I normally hate airports on Sundays but it was blissful today. I’ve also kicked up enough of a stink about having to leave the family at the weekend that I’ll probably get a few extra days in lieu as tomorrow’s redeye (cc @Bandage) won’t get me to my intended destination on time.

The next goal is to get to my hotel and to the bar across the road for the majority of the Saints Falcons game and a few glasses of ridiculously overpriced Red Wine which the Swiss pour in measures of 100ml followed by 9-10 hours sleep with a bit of luck.

I don’t know how I do it.

7 Likes

Have to head to Sweden for the week , was either an early Sunday flight or Ryanair this evening. Booked Ryanair through the company travel agent/partner. Cute Ryanair fuckers won’t let you check in online when you book through a third party and make you do it at the airport where they sting you €55 for the pleasure.

1 Like

That sounds like all sorts of wrong?

1 Like

Ryanair and business travel is wrong full stop.

1 Like

The wine can wait

8 Likes

A few mugs giving up their Sundays to travel, awful carry on from seasoned professionals.

On the tarmac in Shannon here. A breeze of a morning… hard to believe i was feeding the cattle mere 2 hours ago and now I am gearing up for an end up year jaunt dressed up as 2024 planning. I haven’t been State side in over a decade so looking forward to this. Picked up a lovely winter coat from Patrick Bourke on Saturday so all set here.

25 Likes

Three weeks from now, I will be harvesting my crops. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so.

We go again.

2 Likes

how it was planned

how it turned out

It’s cold lads

7 Likes

@Fagan_ODowd, my afternoon meeting in Cambridge next week has been cancelled & my work will be too tight to bring forward my return flight. Could you recommend somewhere near the train station (hotel, restaurant, cafe) where I can eat, drink, relax & monitor emails & TFK before making my way back to Stansted by train?

There’s a Pret directly opposite the train station where business types like yourself while away hours on their laptop.

@Batigol I’ll be using that renowned business airline Ryanair tomorrow. What time should one arrive at the airport terminal building ahead of a 6 (six) am flight to be comfortably airside before boarding gates close? PS, I won’t purchase the queue skippy option as a point of principle seeing my employer wouldn’t reimburse me for it.

@Fagan_ODowd, please provide an overview of tomorrow’s rail strikes? Will they impact me in getting to Cambridge from Stansted & back? I won’t go beyond a picket. Maybe like Neil Hannon that time I’ll have to take the National Express. Again I won’t get a taxi for the same reason as paragraph one.

Half 4 would be loads of time. Drop my name if stuck

1 Like

Many thanks indeed.

“I know Batigol from TFK if that helps me skip the queue here. What? You don’t know Batigol?”

14 Likes

“Ah you do, the lad who moved to Portlaoise”
"Ah jaysus ya, that head the ball, Portlaoise, ha ha ha, whats he like "

8 Likes

A 6am flight to Stansted and no taxis or fast track. You should be off to the mugged off thread @Bandage

6 Likes