TFK International Business Travel Thread

He has a nerve posting in the Business Travel thread.

5 Likes

Is there a Lemonade Stand Travel Thread we could point him to ?

3 Likes

Minus 16 or so here. Itā€™s like standing a walk in deep freeze - yet people are out jogging and cycling

You wouldnā€™t do it to the dog
(who possessed superior project finance skills and who worked on the financing of the redeveloped Wembley Stadium)

2 Likes

As I networked in a Wembley Stadium corporate box back in around 2013, on the halfway line might I add, I couldnā€™t help but think that Shane Long wouldnā€™t have scored that wonderful header to put Ireland 1-0 up were it not for my professional endeavours. Seamus Coleman may have been credited with the assist but it was really me. A real John ā€œBullā€ Oā€™Donoghue moment & one I treasure dearly.

2 Likes

All downhill since. Now your life is managed by the creche.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve eschewed Pret for the Nero option. I spotted a Scottish banker who attended our earlier meeting making his way into Greggā€™s next door.

I understand thereā€™s bad weather back in Ireland & I hope my red eye home this evening isnā€™t diverted to Cork or somewhere.

1 Like

Heā€™s obviously on the Scottish expenses.

Thereā€™s always manc if youā€™re stuck my oul epal. Iā€™m sitting at home feeling sorry for myself after surgery anyway. Ill lend you running kit and Claire.

1 Like

What was the surgery bucko?

Hand.
Itā€™s fcuking sore, but I suppose having a lad tear scar tissue out for over an hour in the way Torquemada could only dream of, itā€™s only to be expected.
The surgeon opined it may have been catching a sliotar repeatedly along with a busted knuckle. I told him I rarely managed to catch a sliotar in a game. " Training then" he said. For a small English gentleman he knew a lot about hurling.
General Anaesthetic isnā€™t very nice either.
ā€œRightā€ says your man ā€œweā€™ve started remifentanylā€
ā€œI think Iā€™m about to get sickā€
ā€œDonā€™t worry, weā€™ve started propafolā€
The only thing I can really recall of the day after is waking up in a ward which seemed to have about 500 beds and Hundreds of nurses. I can only remember it for about three seconds, and I was clearly imagining it anyway, then getting picked up walking home by Matty in a lovely car.
As far as I remember remifentanyl and propafol are both so called date rape drugsā€¦I must have been awake and conscious enough to get dressed and be allowed to leave, and I must have been awake for a good two hours or more after, but can remember absolutely fcuk all. Itā€™s no wonder people ca t remember anything after getting a drink spiked.
Anyhow, Iā€™ve to keep my hand in the air all the time.
Iā€™m off the codeine today just paracetamol.
Work have been pestering me even though I was told to, and have taken all of December off
Canā€™t drive or do anything, but I didnā€™t feel.like it anyway.
Better today but.

12 Likes

Take it easy !

Couch, movies and a box of heroes.

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to watch killers of the flower moon, but I hate the white men so much itā€™s a struggle.

3 Likes

Okay so you canā€™t drive down to Cambridge to pick me up.

Best of luck with the surgery recovery though.

Unfortunately not, and I donā€™t fancy your chances of a Train, but the offer stands

If youā€™re really stuck itā€™s roughly a 5 hour journey from Cambridge to Holyhead by train, going by Euston. You can then get the 2:15 Stena sailing to Dublin

1 Like

Train you say?

Band of Brothers is there on SKY+. Ideal time for a rewatch.

@Bandage forlornly on the platform in the bruise coloured dusk of London. His life partner will be seething.

When I got my first knee replaced I misread the letter of instruction and assumed Iā€™d be in the hospital for a day before the surgery. I read the bit about fasting the day of the operation and had a giant fried breakfast in Donaghmede Shopping Centre before heading to the hospital so I wouldnā€™t be starving the next day when I was fasting.
When I got to the hospital and they started asking me questions and made me put on the robe with no arse in it I realised my mistake but I was too embarrassed to let on. I got violently ill during the operation and nearly choked to death on a mixture of half chewed sausages and hash browns. They gave me some quare looks when I came around.

18 Likes