TFK International Business Travel Thread

[quote=ā€œKinvaraā€™s Passion, post: 850133, member: 686ā€]The farm spoiled me Mickee.

I always knew Iā€™d have it to fall back on so I never bought into the corporate bullshit. I have now landed an internal position where there is a virtual ladder hanging before meā€¦ half tempted to give it a go.

Is it worth throwing myself into the mix still? l have absolutely no respect for my peers in IT, I detest those techy geeks. The smell of management bonuses does interest me thoughā€¦ I have the art of delegation down to a fine art and id like to think I could be a ruthless cunt when needed.

Well pal?[/quote]

Go for it.
The only way to deal with fellow IT staff is with contempt. It wonā€™t be hard to climb the ladder considering most of them canā€™t tie their own shoe laces and have the social skills of a door stop.

Some good advice here

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-pack-a-suit-for-a-business-trip-2013-6

Up in the Air with George Clooney on BBC2 now - the quintessential business travel movie.

Itā€™s shite Spidey

great movie

Any thoughts on International Business Travel around the festive period? Not a fan personally but it looks like Iā€™ll have to get some kind of red eye (not sure yet if morning or afternoon) to London in the latter part of next week.

Agreed. On my way to BHX now after a trip this week and looks like Iā€™ll need to return again next week. Trying to avoid as it will interfere with my mid-week pre-Xmas pinting and generally force me to be productive as opposed to winding down

If you are flying back from London end of next week you will need to book soon as those flights back will be very full.
Arraneg for some mates to be at the airport to greet you at arrivals on your return with banners and hugs so you arenā€™t the only person with nobody there to greet you.

[quote=ā€œTheUlteriorMotive, post: 872629, member: 2272ā€]If you are flying back from London end of next week you will need to book soon as those flights back will be very full.
Arraneg for some mates to be at the airport to greet you at arrivals on your return with banners and hugs so you arenā€™t the only person with nobody there to greet you.[/quote]

I usually play the ā€œno point having a meeting so close to Christmasā€ card and end of this week would usually be my cut off so hadnā€™t really considered this. Would London City Airport even be affected by this? Would people pay the price premium to get home?

Yeah cityjet will be the same - other thing to remember is normally if you miss a flight you just jump on the next one but end of next week they are all going to be full

Friday is still only 20th but most people will take Monday off and go home friday

Worst case scenario would be snow or ice or fog grounding flights - I would refuse to travel if there was any hint of inclement weather as it would be a nightmare

[quote=ā€œTheUlteriorMotive, post: 872634, member: 2272ā€]Yeah cityjet will be the same - other thing to remember is normally if you miss a flight you just jump on the next one but end of next week they are all going to be full

Friday is still only 20th but most people will take Monday off and go home friday

Worst case scenario would be snow or ice or fog grounding flights - I would refuse to travel if there was any hint of inclement weather as it would be a nightmare[/quote]

Thereā€™s a real peasouper in the midlands of the UK right now. A similar situation next week could cause massive issues. Bump your meeting if at all possible Bandage. Sure whatā€™s the point of agreeing something at a meeting now - it wonā€™t be auctioned till the new year anyway.

anyone every been to Nizhny Novgorod?
we have a help request from a crowd out there and im trying to see how to approach it, we might try a remote support but i think they want onsite help

Last business trip of the year for me. Just a quick two dayer to England. As its a week to Xmas and Iā€™m finishing this job on Fri Iā€™m even less enthusiastic about this redeye than normal. Tasty breakfast in the EI lounge is the only thing raising my spirits at this early hour.

Indeed, getting out of the bed was extremely difficult this morning. This flight to Berlin is full of kids, seriously impeding my chances of getting a bit of kip

Greetings from London. My last international business travel trip of 2013 is in progress. A standard start to my day of meetings but Iā€™m going to be under vicious attack at a later meeting commencing at 1pm. Need to decide whether to play a defensive game and try to soak up their pressure or launch a surprise counter attack myself. Probably the former as I really canā€™t be arsed saying much unless they seriously piss me off and my own honour or that of my financial institution is called into question. Happy Christmas to all TFKā€™s International Business Travellers.

Iā€™ll be returning from my last trip today. Iā€™m a little concerned as to the forecast strong winds over Ireland this evening; Iā€™m not in the mood for a bumpy landing tonight after beer, wine and whiskey over a pleasant Xmas company dinner last night.

Iā€™m quite concerned about this too. But if worse comes to worse, Iā€™ll have some egg nog with you in London City Airport bar tonight. I must say I always get a crazy rush of pride and excitement on the final approach into LCY. Pride because the flight path takes me right over some of the finest projects Iā€™ve ever financed and excitement because of whatā€™s yet to come at meetings ahead. Christ, itā€™s wonderful being one of the best project financiers in the northern hemisphere.

Running at around 45k air miles in my Star Alliance account come the end of 2013. Going to sart putting them to use next year as I assume a new European regional role that may involve various trips across continental Europe.

Some personal travel will be undertaken in early January and it will be interesting to see if my partner is able to put up with my mood swings due to being treated like a regular punter.

I hate when cunts assume a self important and self congratulatory tone on this thread.

Did you not get the memo? Weā€™re back.