TFK International Business Travel Thread

How did it go? Were you able to leverage anything you overheard in the cafe?

I didnā€™t not mention cuff links, I specifically said cuffsā€¦ Iā€™ll excuse based on the red eye morning you have had.

When you order a shirt of competent tailor as I am sure you have done many timesā€¦ he will offer you 2 options in cuff style.
[LIST]
[]A french cuff (traditional 80ā€™s wall street type but still popular in the ā€˜Cityā€™ I believe)
[
]A button cuff (the low risk version)
[/LIST]

I put them in their place, pal. They were SeĆ”n Oā€™Neill and I was George Oā€™Connor.

I had a pint with George in the Whitfield hotel sat evening last ā€¦he was asking me who Clareā€™s best upcoming prospects were and I swiftly retorted heā€™d find out before year endā€¦he was with Paidi Butler who gave a guilty sounding chuckle when I asked him if thereā€™d been any loose talk before my arrival

Whitford? On the outskirts of Wexford town rather than Whitfield? Never heard of Whitfield.

Sorry meant whitford

Mate, do you really expect us to believe that you would be trusted enough to have experience of high powered international executive meetings?

You can barely spell.

[QUOTE=ā€œfarmerinthecity, post: 984747, member: 24ā€]Mate, do you really expect us to believe that you would be trusted enough to have experience of high powered international executive meetings?

You can barely spell.[/QUOTE]
All over the globe farmer , all over the globe. Apologies re the dunnes suit jibe, they have their place, just not at executive business meetings

A practical simple watch in a meeting is ok with me. The dick measuring contest comes out later when you go for client drinks in the civvies and a good watch and your dick size is directly proportional to how deep in the ocean your watch can survive.

oh man you are such a roaster :smiley:

Would you use the imperial or metric system when running the tape adjacent to your rigid member?

Is there a representative from Stokes Kennedy Crowley present to validate all cock lengths?

Never ever take a watch as a present, and if you do receive one as a gift never wear it, only bad comes of it

[QUOTE=ā€œKinvaraā€™s Passion, post: 984762, member: 686ā€]Would you use the imperial or metric system when running the tape adjacent to your rigid member?

Is there a representative from Stokes Kennedy Crowley present to validate all cock lengths?[/QUOTE]

Rigid? I donā€™t work for a fahsion house mate.

[QUOTE=ā€œfarmerinthecity, post: 984747, member: 24ā€]Mate, do you really expect us to believe that you would be trusted enough to have experience of high powered international executive meetings?

You can barely spell.[/QUOTE]

high powered ??the foremost international businessman on this thread canā€™t even work a gear stick FFSā€¦

:rolleyes:

I actually canā€™t remember even though itā€™s less than 48 hours ago. The Queenā€™s Terminal is quite swanky.

Can all International businessmen check in ASAP please.

Are you Liam Griffin?

[QUOTE=ā€œbriantinnion, post: 984521, member: 6ā€]Iā€™d go with the Aer Lingus option. Some people slag them off but Iā€™m rather fond of our national carrier and have always found them pleasant to deal with.

Your choice is essentially between doing the short haul part of your flight this side of the Atlantic or the good side of the Atlantic. An internal flight in the US is less hassle than a Dublin - Heathrow flight. As you rightly point out clearing immigration in Dublin is a real bonus too.

Am I right in guessing youā€™re going over on aviation related business?[/QUOTE]
Not aviation related business

Locked in the Dub-SF-LA route with Aer Lingus

Interestingly (this must have something to do with AL relationship with UA which provides connecting flight and perhaps a requirement to take min number of seats per flight) I was strongly encouraged to take a slightly later UA flight by the fact that by doing so business class on the DUB-SF route was only 250 more than economy and substantially less than booking straight business class to SF

one to watch for anybody taking a similar flight in future

Any tips for Newport Beach and Santa Monica as my evenings are likely to be free time

i am abandoning pre season training, my son and my wife to go on a highly stressed business trip to the Seocho District in Seoul at some point over the next 10 days, it will be a torturous 2 or 3 day F2F to discuss a serious design issue.
I will update the forum accordingly.
Last time i went out there i worked 15 hour days and went to strip joints each evening with the boss, god be with the days