TFK International Business Travel Thread

[QUOTE=“ciarancareyshurlingarmy, post: 1045258, member: 464”]Lots of Irish support in Dublin airport this morning. Lovely clear morning for flying.

Whiskey tasting in terminal 1 is Redbreast today, do drop in.[/QUOTE]

Irish support for what? Impending penalties for Luxembourg tax schemes? If not, get the fuck out.

Just getting on the 6.30 flight to Manchester to see a man about a dog. Hopefully it wont take too long and gives me plenty of time to sample some old English ales in the quaint village of Knutsford before heading home later.

How is China treating you Clowndick.

In London on business. I’m an international business man.

I concluded my business travel this week with a visit to an offshore tax haven. All in all a rather unpleasant experience as one must go through London to get there. A one hour meeting on Tuesday morning involved leaving Dublin at 2pm on Monday and returning at 8pm on Tuesday. #Painful

You could have just got the ferry in Doolin pal.

Just enjoyed a tasty business lunch with @croppy[/USER] in The 51. I was telling him that I’ll be engaging in some international business travel to London next Wednesday, returning on Thursday. A west brit mutual acquaintance had joined us and remarked that London was hardly international. I was very impressed with [USER=230]@croppy 's firm rebuke: “Yes, the Canary Islands are more international but they’re not the epicentre of project finance in Europe.” :clap:

:rolleyes:

Epicenter or epicentre is frequently misused when not employed in the context of seismology. It is often utilized "as a pompous alternative to ‘centre’.

Can’t beat an English lunch!

I was handed it Mac and with a deal to do I wasn’t going to be pedantic and ask to change it. This may show weakness but I can drink lager all day so no one will be the wiser.

Epicenter or epicentre is frequently misused when not employed in the context of seismology. It is often utilized "as a pompous alternative to ‘centre’.[/QUOTE]

Take it up with, @croppy.

Captain Richard Wallace in charge of this 17.35 CityJet flight from DUB to LCY. Is that the ex-rugby footballer? I’m nearly certain he became a pilot when he retired.

Epicenter or epicentre is frequently misused when not employed in the context of seismology. It is often utilized "as a pompous alternative to ‘centre’.[/QUOTE]
That’s a clamping. A mugging off in fact.

Nightmare of an international business travel week next week so expect lots of rambling postings from craft beer drinking and dining alone

Dublin San Francisco San Jose Seattle Los Angeles San Jose San Francisco New York Dublin

7 days and think I have bitten off too much but New York is lining up to be a short morning meeting and then if i can stay awake a day and night on the beer

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1085966, member: 2272”]Nightmare of an international business travel week next week so expect lots of rambling postings from craft beer drinking and dining alone

Dublin San Francisco San Jose Seattle Los Angeles San Jose San Francisco New York Dublin

7 days and think I have bitten off too much but New York is lining up to be a short morning meeting and then if i can stay awake a day and night on the beer[/QUOTE]
I am really looking forward to this.

Just stepped onto the red eye to Manchester with the national carrier. I lead a team of 3 execs tasked with bringing home a decent slice of our targets digital portfolio. Nervous? Yes . But since I first put on my suit I dreamed of days like this. Business travel was never about the journey, it’s about the result and my team will come back with the points in the bag.
One team member showed early weakness by going to the Ryanair gate in error. We laughed it off but I’ll have a word with him as an error like that could be perceived as weakness if the target got wind of it. Cool heads are needed on away games.

Enjoy the soup @croppy

[QUOTE=“croppy, post: 1090440, member: 230”]
One team member showed early weakness by going to the Ryanair gate in error. We laughed it off but I’ll have a word with him as an error like that could be perceived as weakness if the target got wind of it. Cool heads are needed on away games.[/QUOTE]

His heart isn’t in it. You should’ve left him at the Ryanair gate

Blake would have shot him there and then and stepped over the corpse. #ggr