TFK International Business Travel Thread

The day draws to a close and I reflect on a bittersweet victory. It is the experienced international business traveller in me that knows we made compromises that we need not have. There was one seminal moment where I felt we exposed ourselves, a subordinate (let’s call him prickface) was asked along with the rest of us would he life a hot beverage. It was after 11 yet he still replied ‘cappuccino’ like a fucking knob. The opposition correctly identified him as a weak negotiator and Nancy boy . This is where we conceded territory and it took all my experience to highlight him as a known liability and as not having a mandate to make real decisions.
Lessons learnt

Hit the bricks pal, you didnt channel your inner @Blake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMFwFgG9NE8

On the Red eye SFO - JFK.

Perusing Tfk before I catch a couple of hours sleep.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1090952, member: 2272”]On the Red eye SFO - JFK.

Perusing Tfk before I catch a couple of hours sleep.[/QUOTE]
Hey Big Guy, did you manage to score some pizza and coffee in NYC?

Big Guy? Are we there?

Japanese food pal. In America. Imagine that.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1091530, member: 2272”]Big Guy? Are we there?

Japanese food pal. In America. Imagine that.[/QUOTE]
Be the Hokey. Keep us posted.

I returned safely this morning. The traffic there was unrale. Almost as bad as Kilmallock on mart day.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1090952, member: 2272”]On the Red eye SFO - JFK.

Perusing Tfk before I catch a couple of hours sleep.[/QUOTE]

Top of the Standard tonight. Blazer up. Confidently stride up up to the large African American man on the door (imagine you’ve won multiple astro titles - that kind of confidence). He’ll say it’s a $200/400/600 minimum tonight. Tell him it doesn’t matter and give him your credit card. Follow the beautiful host up. Have the night of your life. Come on here tomorrow and regale us with your night of sharing a table with Karlie Kloss and Taylor Swift before heading back to their apartment in TriBeCa for an after party.

:rolleyes:

@TheUlteriorMotive was probably wearing his yellow slacks and blue blazer all week.

And the brown slip ons with the little tassles on them @Fagan ODowd

Catching the 17:40 red eye to Gatwick this evening

Business sealed with closing drinks in The Shard last night - it really is a magnificent structure. Workout and breakfast before red eye home on 11:25 from LCY.

I drove from dungannon to newry last evening. It was a nice route and the mournes in front were beautiful in the late evening sun. Armagh looks a nice town with a cracking cricket pitch in the middle.

I am booked on the red eye to LCY on Friday morning returning in the afternoon. I’ve just received notice that the meeting is now postponed to a later date. It’s short notice but that’s #international #business for you.

When I was booking the flights with our travel agent last week I was informed that many of the flights were full or close to full already due to the rugby international on Sunday. As a result I have decided not to cancel the flight with the travel agent in case some rugby supporting cunt gets my seat.

[QUOTE=“briantinnion, post: 1096888, member: 6”]I am booked on the red eye to LCY on Friday morning returning in the afternoon. I’ve just received notice that the meeting is now postponed to a later date. It’s short notice but that’s #international #business for you.

When I was booking the flights with our travel agent last week I was informed that many of the flights were full or close to full already due to the rugby international on Sunday. As a result I have decided not to cancel the flight with the travel agent in case some rugby supporting cunt gets my seat.[/QUOTE]

If he does he’d get gouged though. So maybe not all bad.

[QUOTE=“briantinnion, post: 1096888, member: 6”]

When I was booking the flights with our travel agent last week I was informed that many of the flights were full or close to full already due to the rugby international on Sunday. As a result I have decided not to cancel the flight with the travel agent in case some rugby supporting cunt gets my seat.[/QUOTE]

You are bigger than this Brian.

[QUOTE=“briantinnion, post: 1096888, member: 6”]
Tinnion lands the first blow against the English this weekend :clap:

I’ve now taken a ticket for Sunday too. I’m making shit of the rugby lads this week.

I trust you’ll be setting fire to it in front of some ticketless Irish/English cunt this weekend?